17, friend

chapter-seventeen

[real life, imsg]

-

chris is sitting on the couch with his phone in his hand; he jumps a little when he hears the door open.

matt walks in with his bag over his shoulder and nick walks in right behind him.

nick shuts the door and him and his brother next to him look at their triplet brother on the couch. "hey guys" chris says; going back to his phone.

matt doesnt say anything, he just drops his bag to the floor and has a angry look on his face.

"what the fuck chris" matt tells him

chris looks over to him with a confused look. "what matt"

"what did you say to emily that has her upset?" he asks while walking towards the couches in front of him

hearing those words makes chris' eyes soften. nick walks over to the couch to sit down; waiting for his turn to speak.

matt sits next to nick while they wait for a response.

"i didnt do anything, why would u think it was me?" chris lies

"because she looked hurt and was quiet when we were talking about how u left early, she was at more interactive with any subject but about you" nick explains

chris' eyes are now filled with hurt and regret. he decides to stay quiet.

"bro why are you acting like this?" matt questions. "you were fine not even four days ago and now ur being bitchy" he explains.

chris still doesnt say anything, he just stares at his brother three feet away from him.

matt stares back at him for a while and squints his eyes; starting to get an idea.

"is it because you like em-"

"shut the fuck up matt or i swear to god." chris cuts him off as he gets up from his laying position now annoyed.

nick is taken back from the sudden mood change, but he didnt fully get to hear what matt said either so he's now confused.

"be honest before i repeat my question then." matt says in a serious tone.

chris stares at him again and doesnt say a word; he doesnt want to tell the truth.

not yet.

its too soon and nobody deserves to know why he's acting like this, why he's doing what he's doing, and why things are different at the moment.

nobody needs to know ever.

"so as i was asking, is it because you like em-"

"matt i said shut the fuck up" chris cuts him off again; now growing angry.

"well you don't give me much of a choice here now do you?" matt asks; also growing angry.

nick is sitting down on the couch watching this all unfold; knowing that matt knows something he doesnt so he decides to stay quiet.

chris tries to hurry and think of a lie to get himself out of this situation. he knows he can't walk away because matt would follow him and not let it go until he gets an answer.

suddenly an idea clicks.

bingo.

"chris what the-"