120. Reception

Hello ! Welcome to part 120...

As Sumedh blinked his eyes open, the soft evening light streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the room. He stretched his arms lazily, feeling a bit groggy from his day nap and a slight chill in the air, a consequence of catching a cold earlier in the day. But as his eyes adjusted to the surroundings , he looked around the room, hoping to find his Mallika by his side.

Just then, the door swung open, and there stood she, holding a warm cup of tea in her hands. A soft smile spread across Sumedh's face as he watched Mallika approach. The sight of her made him forget all about his cold. Her eyes lit up with affectionate concern as she saw Sumedh awake. He sat up on the bed, eagerly awaiting her arrival.

Placing the cup of tea on the bedside table, she gently sat down beside him, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Her eyes sparkled with love and care as she looked at him...

"Good evening," she said with a sweet, melodic voice. "How are you feeling now? Slept nicely?" Mallika said affectionately, brushing a strand of hair away from Sumedh's forehead.

Sumedh smiled gratefully, feeling blessed to have such a caring and understanding partner. He reached out to hold her hand, intertwining their fingers. The warmth of their connection brought a sense of solace to his weary body.

Sumedh sniffled a bit and with a gentle nod , he replied , his voice slightly raspy from the cold. "I'm feeling much better and now that you're here , I could definitely use some of your magical healing powers."

Mallika chuckled softly "I may not have magic, but I have something better: love and care," she whispered. "And of course, some hot tea to soothe your throat."

"Thanks , Jaan. You're so sweet." he whispered, his voice filled with gratitude as he took the cup of tea from her hand and sipped it, feeling the warmth spread through his body.

Then , Mallika started to get up from the bed but Sumedh gently held her hand, not wanting her to leave just yet.

Sumedh : "Kahan ?"

Mallika turned back to face him, "Tayaar hone ! Reception party haina do ghante mein. Don't forget." she reminded him gently.

He had almost forgotten about it in the comfort of their moment together. He had been looking forward to spending some quiet time with her, just the two of them but...

"Lekin woh toh dooooo ghante baad hai , Can't we just stay here a little longer ?" Sumedh pouted, trying to convince her to stay.

She chuckled softly and leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on Sumedh's forehead and whispered - "We'll have plenty of time together after the party. Now, I need to start getting ready."

Saying this she turned to leave but Sumedh, not willing to let go of the moment got down the bed placing the cup aside and reached out to hold her hand again , gently pulling her closer making her eyes widened in surprise due to his sudden action , her breath catching in her throat, he looked at her smiling mischievously and whispers softly brushing away the stray strands of hair that adorned her radiant face.

Sumedh : "You know what, I think we still have a little time before the reception party. Maybe we can spend some more time together. Just a few minutes stealing won't harm. Right ?"

Mallika's cheeks flushed with a delicate blush, She gazed at him, her heart pounding inside as he leaned in closer, wrapping his arms around her waist when Samiran barged in -

"Bhai ! Bhabhi !" he exclaimed, unaware of the interruption he had caused.

Sumedh and Mallika quickly pulled away from each other, their cheeks flushing with embarrassment. Mallika tried to compose herself, straightening her hair and adjusting her clothes.