123. Damad Ji Angna Mein Padhare !

Hello ! Welcome to part 123...

In the vibrant atmosphere of Mallika's home, the Pagh Phera ritual was nearing its conclusion, marking the end of three days filled with warmth and familial joy. Mallika, descended the stairs to find her family bustling with excitement, engrossed in preparations to welcome their dear Jamai, and her dear husband, Sumedh.

Approaching her Nani, Mallika spoke affectionately, "Nani..."

Nani, engrossed in arranging the gifts, said, "Mikku, achha hua tu aagayi. Ye dekh, ye saara saman wahan par sabke liye tere saath jaega. Tujhe apne haath se sabko dena hai. Hm? Mahi, tu ek baar list se saara saman match kar lena, sab haina yahan pe..."

"Han, lekin..." Mallika started, but Nani turning her attention to Arya and Ashnoor squabbling over rangoli, intervened walking towards them, "Arey bachho, is tarah jhagda mat karo... Jaldi jaldi kaam khatam karo."

Mallika turned to Mahi, who was diligently matching items with the list. "Bhai suno na..."

Mahi, immersed in his task, replied, "Ek minute, Mikku, pehle ye kaam kar lun phir baat karta hun."

Mallika frowned then noticed her nanu entering with a flower decorator and seized the moment, calling out, "Nanu..."

"Ek minute beta," Nanu interjected, addressing the decorator, "Pehle isse nipat lun. Ye dekho, ye andar sab wahi shaadi wale phool lage hue hai abtak. Inhe kaun badlega? Sirf bahar ke phool badalne se kaam nahi khatam hoga. Ye sab bhi badlo aur badhiya fresh flowers lagao. Jaldi jao! Mohit! Beta dekh Zara ise toh..."

He continued, instructing the decorator to enhance the decor with fresh flowers. "Aur ek minute, ek baat batao, duniya bhar mein itne saare phoolon ki variety hai, par tum harbar yahi phool lekar aate ho... Tumhare paas sirf yahi ek, gende ke phool hai saare function ke liye ? Hai ?"

Amidst the lively chaos, Mallika sighed longing for a moment of connection with her busy family members and retreated into the kitchen, where the heart of the home pulsed with warmth and culinary aromas. Ruby Maa and Nimmi didi were engrossed in the art of cooking and her eyes widened seeing the 'n' number of dishes made from drinks, starters, main course to desserts.

"Mumma..." Mallika began, seeking attention.

Ruby maa, preoccupied, responded, "Mikku abhi nahi, mai bahot busy hun, Mujhe disturb mat kar. Nimmi, udhar se namak ka dabba de..."

Pouting, Mallika left the kitchen, Glancing at her bustling family, she took matters into her own hands. Rolling up a piece of paper into a makeshift microphone, she climbed onto the center table amidst the gifts, commanding attention.

"HELLO! MAI BHI AAJ IN SAAMAN KE SAATH JAA RAHE HUN! KOI ATTENTION DEGA MUJHE?" she announced loudly, capturing the family's attention. Ruby maa and Nimmi didi emerged from the kitchen.

Everyone gathered around Mallika, looking at her keenly intrigued by her unexpected move...

Confused, Mallika questioned, "K-kya kar rahe aap log ye?"

In unison, they replied, "Attention de rahe hai!"

Mallika, a hint of skepticism in her voice, retorted, "Ew ! Attention de rahe hai ya Dara rahe hai?"

Ruby maa, joining the moment, remarked, "Achha, Ab bata kya baat hai?"

Nani : "Haan, mikku agar tujhe kuch chahiye, koi saman apne pasand ka saath le Jana hai toh abhi bata de, kapde, gehne, kuch bhi, mai baaki saman ke saath rakhwa dungi."

Mallika : "Nahi, Meri packing toh complete ho gayi hai... Mujhe toh sirf attention chahiye tha, mil gaya !"

Ruby maa : "Attention chahiye tha, aur kuch nahi..."