Chapter 2: 6 Years Later

Hello RedCrackle Shippers! So to catch you up, the wedding happened a year after Gray proposed. In this Chapter you'll meet a new character *cue smirk emoji* Hope you like this chapter!

Carmen shut off the water faucet and dried hands with a red cloth and then hanged it back on the oven handle neatly. She looks at the time on the Stove top and Microwave. 9:10. Huh. Scarlett is usually up at this time. . .So is Gray. Eh, We did stay up pretty late watching "The Flash". 

There was sudden clambering footsteps running down the hallway to Carmen's right side. She smirked as she could faintly make out red messy hair swaying side to side as a tiny child screams playfully and runs to Carmen. The child looks to be around 4 or 5, with clear resemblance that she is Carmen's child. The child wobbles and babbles, "Mamma, mamma, save me, save me!" 

Carmen laughs and scoops her daughter up in her arms! "Save you! Save you from who?" Gray comes out the hallway stomping sided to side roaring playfully, "Roar, I'm going to eat you! Om-nom-nom!" Scarlett squealed as Gray reached his daughter and wife and tickled his daughter. Gray chuckled and caressed Scarlett's cheek, "Happy Birthday, Scarlett!" 

Carmen smiles at the child in her arms, "Happy Birthday, Babygirl!" Carmen passed Scarlett to Gray and dissapeared into the hallway. Scarlett looked up at Gray and babbled, "Where's mamma going?" Gray smiled, "You'll see, Sweetheart." 

Carmen comes out with a tiny present and hands it to Scarlett. "Here you go open it."

Scarlett lightly undid the velvet ribbon and opened it. The little girl pulled out a tiny bracelet with her mother's fedora as a charm. The girl beamed and looked at her mom. 

"It's a beacon and a tracker," Carmen informed, "Once you tap the beacon the charm will start to glow and we'll be immediately alerted." 

Gray nodded as he set his daughter down, "We figured it was time." 

Scarlett started to jump up and down knowing what this means, she'll be able to travel with them across the planet! Carmen knelt down, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, she took the bracelet from her daughter and connected it on Scarlett's right hand. Carmen patted her daughter's shoulder and whispered, "Abuela, Abuelo, Tio, and Tia are on their way, you better get dressed!" 

Scarlett hopped up and down, "Is Tio Player coming?" Carmen nods, "Yes, sweetheart, he his. Now, Go get dressed Crimson Shadow." 

Scarlett squealed in delight and dissapeared into the dark and narrow hallway.