Chapter 10: Playing the Long Game

Jason's POV
I could hear dad soothing mom from the other room. She sounds really shaken. We've been on the hunt for my older sister for as long as I can remember. When I met Red Sheep, now that I look back, she looked like a complete Carbon Copy of mom, only with dad's eyes. Maybe I had met my sister without realizing it. I laid my head back on my pillow once I heard mom's cries stop. Letting sleep take over my mind, I laid there wondering if Red Sheep is my sister, and if so, How can we bring her home?

//Then Next Day//

I walk out into the kitchen to see dad cooking pancakes. Mom was nowhere to be seen. 

"Morning sleepyhead. You must've been in sleep mode for a while. It's 10," Dad informed.

I just nod my head and pour me some Orange Juice in a wine glass. "Where's mom?" I asked as I took a sip.

"She went to visit your abuela," Dad responded. 

I hesitated for a minute. Should I ask him?? "Dad? What was Scarlett like?" Dad froze and looked at me. He flipped a pancake, "It was honestly to early to tell. She was only five  when V.I.L.E. kidnapped. It was her birthday. A-at the time, Scarlett was energetic and very playful." Dad smiled to himself as if he was replaying a memory in his head. 

"How did Scarlett look like," I asked.

"Like a complete Carbon Copy of your mother. Only, she had my eyes, but that was the only feature Scarlett had unless you count the Australian-Mexican accent that she inherited from your mother and I. Countess Cleo probably cleared up her accent to make her mixed accent barely noticeable." 

"I think I've met Scarlett and I didn't realize it." 

Dad stopped and turned off the oven and looked at me, "What do you mean."

"That bracelet, belonged to Scarlett, right?" Dad nodded. "There was a girl with mom's same shade of hair. except shorter and had a Australian accent mixed up with her Mexican."

Dad's face literally dropped. "Oh my gosh. . .Jason. That's a-amazing but how will we know for sure?"

"I could. . . . . I could enroll into V.I.L.E." I knew that idea wouldn't roll off nicely but after explaining the reason, I'm sure dad will be okay with. Dad's face morphed into a horrified expression, "ABSOLUTLY NOT JASON, If your mother knew of this she would ground you to your room!"

"But dad! Sometimes playing the long game is the perfect way for us to accomplish our goal. I don't want to do this either but we have to think in a wider perspective." I explain eagerly.

Dad sighs defeatedly, realizing he knew I was right. "Fine, I'll try to pursuade your mother, but we'll be monituring you 24/7. Okay?"

"Okay."