Highschool Au Part 5

A few minutes went by and almost everyone had fallen asleep, well except Sprout. He was too busy staring at the ceiling and contemplating if he should just leave or not.

He closed his eyes, at least trying to fall asleep so he wasn't sleep deprived in the morning. But of course it still didn't work, and he eventually sat back up and opened his eyes, clutching his blanket to his chest.

He looked over at the others again after a few seconds and realized Hitch was still up, he was just on his phone. Sprout laid his head down on his pillow again, closing his eyes and at least trying to go back to sleep.

A few seconds went by and he happened to open his eyes a bit again, and got startled by Hitch standing above him. "Hey" he said smiling. "I didn't mean to scare you oops" Sprout sat up again, "You need something?" He said trying to not make eye contact with him.

"Uhh well I just can't sleep, and I saw you awake so I was wondering if you would like to stay up together or something" Hitch spoke, still looking down at Sprout with a goofy smile on his face.

"Oh, uh... yeah sure, my insomnia is terrible tonight"
Sprout replied. He was slightly flustered but was trying to hide it as well as he could. "Yeah same" Hitch spoke, sitting down next to Sprout.

Silence filled the room as they both just stared at each other in awkwardness, Sprout was too confused as to why Hitch was even talking to him to say anything. He couldn't even fathom up any words to say if he tried.

"So um- you wanna play a game or something?" Hitch said, breaking the silence between them. "Wouldn't that wake up the others tho?" Sprout replied glaring at Hitch jokingly. "Hey hey, I was just coming up with random shit pffft" Hitch replied, laughing.

Without thinking, Sprout jumped over and covered Hitch's mouth with his hand. "Shh you will wake them up if you don't stop laughing doofus"

Hitch of course kept laughing, then raised his hand up to move Sprout's hand off of his face. "It's fineeee, they can get over it" Hitch spoke, then of course started laughing again.

Sprout rolled his eyes, "I swear you are so questionable" Sprout said,looking down at his hand that he used to cover his mouth, smiling a bit.

"Yeahhh I am" Hitch replied, Smiling at him.  Silence arose again as they both smiled at each other, but was then broken by a familiar voice. "Heyyyy guyssss"

Sprout jumped a bit, "Oh my god. Hey izzy"
"Heyyy guys whatcha doin?" Izzy asked, sitting down next to them. "Eh not really anything-" Sprout said, looking down at his hand again.

"Hmm do you guys wanna play a game?!" She asked, trying to whisper as best as she could. Hitch laughed, "I literally had that Idea a few minutes ago and Sprout got mad at me" he spoke rolling his eyes jokingly.

Sprout looked up at Hitch, "I did not get mad shh, I just said everyone is asleep and we could wake them up if we play a game" he replied, also rolling his eyes.

Hitch laughed again, "But nowww we have three players!" Sprout sighed "Ok fineeee, What game?" Sprout asked, standing up.

As soon as Hitch also stood up, Izzy immediately grabbed both of them and started dragging them over to the other side of the room.

"AHEM- YOU GUYS ARE GONNA PLAY A LITTLE GAME I CALL.. AHEM- GET LOCKED IN A CLOSET TOGETHER FOR SEVEN MINUTES UNTIL YOU START HAVING EXTREME TENSION!! Otherwise known as 7 minutes in heaven!!" Izzy announced, Opening the closet, shoving them both in it and shutting the door.

"WHAT" Sprout yelled, "WHAT THE HELL I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS"

"AND I DIDNT HAVE THIS IDEA UNTIL 30 SECONDS AGO SO!!" Izzy spoke, starting to laugh.
"Your time starts now!"

Hitch laughed, "Oh my god wait- WAIT- uhh This is so awkward" he said awkwardly laughing to himself.
"Yeah tell me about it- wait.. IZZY PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS-"
Sprout yelled, burying his face in his hoodie.

Izzy smiled, "Nuh uh- Well actually yeah Maybeeee- you guys just really need to confess to each other already- PFFT-"

"Confess?" Hitch blurted out. "Wait.." he reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone and turned on the flashlight, then looked at Sprout. "Wait a Minute- do you like me?"

Sprout tried to hide his face, "Uhh.. Yeah.. I do- I'm sorry" he admitted it quietly, feeling like Hitch was going to hate him. "I'm so sorry- I know im weird- Im just a loser- I know it's stupid-"

Hitch smiled, "Hey hey.. I don't think you're weird, I think you're pretty cool- I mean I like you too- and I have for a while, I didn't think I would be confessing this so soon though.. heh.."

Sprout looked over at Hitch, "You're lying.." he said sharply. "Somebody as popular as you would never like someone like me- Stop fucking with me"

"I'm not Sprout, I promise- I mean I literally rejected Prim because I liked you-" Hitch spoke softly, trying to keep the conversation private so Izzy wouldn't hear.

Sprout went silent, looking directly at Hitch as he spoke to him. "Do you promise.. that you are telling the truth..?" Sprout whispered softly.

"Yes, I promise you, I'm not a bad guy I promise.."
Hitch replied, smiling at him.

His phone light was the only thing letting them see each other in the darkness of the closet. Hitch moved a bit closer to Sprout, sitting his phone down on a box with the light facing up, illuminating the whole closet.

"Izzy, how much longer do we have?" Hitch raised voice to ask. "5 Minutes!!" She replied.

Hitch looked back over at Sprout, "So um- 7 Minutes of heaven am I righ-" before Sprout could finish his sentence, Hitch leaned over and kissed him, Sprout was caught off guard but kissed back, putting his hands on the sides of his face as Hitch wrapped his hands around his fragile waist In return.

The heat of the moment caused a box to fall over In the closet, but they kept kissing each other passionately, not even caring.

Izzy heard the noise from the box and snickered to herself, "PF- It actually worked!!"

Four minutes went by and they finally pulled away from each other, Hitch smiled as they both tried to catch their breath. "I hate you" Sprout said jokingly, while smiling at Hitch. "Shh you know you like me"

"Oh shut up doofus"

———————————-

1127 words