Highschool Au Part 2

Hitch's POV:

After school had ended I walked back home. I didn't take the bus because I didn't like dealing with kids screaming in my ears constantly. The last time I took the bus I was in like 7th grade and I got bullied a lot. I know I wouldn't be bullied now, heck I mean I'm one of the most popular guys in my entire school, but something about it freaks me out still.

I walked up to my porch, grabbed the house key out of the side of my backpack, and unlocked the door.
Stepping inside I smelt some type of food being fixed in the kitchen, "Hey mom watcha fixin'?" I asked as I turned the corner and sat my backpack down on the bench in the kitchen.

"Oh just some pasta, Trying out a new recipe" She said smiling, "How was Your day at School?" My mom asked, turning around to look at me. "It was alright, lots of drama as usual" I replied, Sorting papers into my backpack. "Yeah, that sounds like Highschool alright!- I remember I used to be a gossip girl-"

I laughed, "Wait really? That's hilarious" Turning to look at her, "Yeah I was somewhat popular for some reason-" my mom said, looking at me and smiling.

"Yeah I mean- That's understandable- I'm popular and I also have no idea why" I said, zipping my backpack up and walking over to the kitchen table and sitting down.

"I can think of a few reasons-" My mom said, bringing the pot of pasta and putting some on my plate.
"What are the reasons?" I asked, intrigued.

"Well, one reason Is that you are a nice person, Your very handsome- and you are the quarterback of the football team- so that's a dead giveaway"
My mom said, Putting some of the pasta on her plate, sitting the pot down on the stove and sitting down at the table across from me.

"Yeahhh true" I said smiling at her. "Sooo you have a date to the dance this year?" My mom asked, smirking at me. "uhhh- no actually" I said, picking at my food.

"WHAT- no way- you're lyinggg" she said smiling at me again, waiting for me to respond. "Nope actually I'm not lying, I don't have a date" I said looking up at her.
"What happened to Primrose?, Didn't she like you, why don't you go with her?"

Something went off in me and I raised my voice at my mom, I have never done that before. "BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HER." I said, immediately feeling guilt, and looked at my mom with fear. I didn't know how she was going to react and It scared me more than anything.

My mom looked at me, saying nothing at all, but I could tell she was confused, confused because I had never yelled at her like that before. She was confused probably because she didn't understand why I got so mad about it.

"Oh... well ok" she finally said very quietly.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I just- She is a pick me girl- and I like somebody else" I said, putting my fork down on the table and putting my hand on my forehead.

"Who?" She asked.

"Well uh... His name is Sprout"

"Wait His?"

——————-
CLIFFHANGER😈
BUT THANK YOU FOR READING- I REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER EVEN THOUGH IT'S EXTREMELY
SHORT-

CHRISTMAS CHAPTER COMES OUT SOON AS WELL!!