Chapter 21- All or Nothing

The throne room was a battleground, a cacophony of colors, sounds, and spells that rent the air and shook the very foundations of the castle. Gath, his dark magic augmented by the fierce yeti, was a force to be reckoned with, his power unstoppable and his attacks relentless. His accomplices, Vergie and Frida, were equally formidable, each of them unleashing their own brand of chaos and destruction.

Dante and Nessa, fighting side by side, were a formidable duo, their bond forged by years of friendship and loyalty. With Sora at their side, they were outnumbered but undaunted, facing their foes with a fierce determination and a willingness to do whatever it took to emerge victorious.

 With Sora at their side, they were outnumbered but undaunted, facing their foes with a fierce determination and a willingness to do whatever it took to emerge victorious

The battle was fierce, each of them trading blows and spells, each one more potent than the last. And yet, amidst the chaos and confusion, Sora was struck by a hex from Frida, sending her reeling and leaving her vulnerable to attack. Dante, seeing his beloved friend in danger, charged forward to her aid, but was quickly struck down by a powerful blast of magic from Vergie.

As he lay there, his body wracked with pain and his mind spinning, he could see Nessa, standing alone against the three of them, her eyes blazing with a fierce determination at the ready.

She swung at Vergie, who ducked and broke her right knee with his foot, as Frida took over and delivered a jab, which sent Nessa on a trip; tottering as she could barely stand on her feet as she bled from her nose. Gath, putting on a grin walked to Nessa who kept tottering and grabbed her by the neck, lifting her off the ground and squeezing the life out of her.

Dante tried to get up, to save her, but he was too weak, too wounded to do anything. He watched in horror as Nessa gasped for air, her hands flailing helplessly, as Gath choked the life out of her. And then, in a moment that would haunt him forever, he saw her head come off, her body falling to the ground lifeless.

The room was silent, save for Dante's screams of agony and despair. He had lost his confidante, and he could do nothing to bring her back. He wept, his body wracked with sobs, as Sora lay next to him, equally devastated by the loss.

In the wake of Nessa's death, Dante's mind was a chaotic whirlwind of emotions. His heart ached with the weight of loss, yet his spirit burned with an unquenchable thirst for vengeance. In a flash of determination, he rose to his feet, his eyes flashing with an inferno of fury.

But Dante knew the odds were stacked against him. Gath's power was augmented by the dark magic of the yeti, and his two cohorts, Frida and Vergie, stood by his side like loyal sentinels. Despite the danger, Dante limped forward, ready to face his enemies head-on. But Vergie launched a spell, which Dante barely managed to deflect, only for Frida to follow up with a dazzling display of elemental magic that knocked him off his feet.

Gath, looming over Dante with a cruel sneer, relished in his triumph. "How the mighty have fallen," he taunted. But as Gath reached out to deal the killing blow, a strange sensation gripped his body. A creeping feeling of unease spread through him, as though his soul were being torn asunder. Gath stumbled back, his body wracked with pain.