Chapter 4- Haunted

Campus Lockdown|| 8:00pm..

Theo was traumatized by the scene and found solace in reciting his rosary. It had been eight hours since the curfew, and Zane and Han were locked up in their dormitories, feeling uneasy and confused. Police were patrolling the area with high alertness while reporters and the FBI were investigating to gather more information.

Mark, fidgeting with his feet, shattered the prevailing quietude by voicing his concerns, thereby alleviating the unease in the room

"I have something to disclose."

He halted momentarily, seized by the traumatic experiences he had endured over the past twenty-four hours.

"Whoever is out there..." he hesitated, overwhelmed by fear, processing the tumultuous events.

Zane locked eyes with him, his stomach clenching as he braced himself for the answer to his subsequent inquiry.

"Who is it?"

The room descended into complete silence, with all eyes fixed on Mark. He rose to his feet with a deep sigh, ran his fingers through his hair, and ambled towards the window.

"What's the matter, Mark?" Zane persisted, but Mark remained silent for a moment.

"Whoever is out there is after me..."

"There's a lot going on that I don't understand yet, but I think it might explain what happened to the professor."

"What's going on?"

"I'm a target..."

"What do you mean?"

"It's complicated...I possess the most powerful object ever created in Hamlet, a magical world beyond ours, and apparently, there's a bounty on my head because I have the ability to stop the tyranny happening in that realm."

Mark left them bewildered and disoriented, unable to make much sense of his words.

"You found me on the floor. I was right about what I saw in the auditorium. I came across a warlock from another world and got this book from him. I know this sounds bizarre, but for now, one thing is clear: my life is in peril, which means you guys are in danger too. Whoever is out there won't cease until he finds me, so I have to locate him first."

"We need to call the police."

"No," Mark objected.

"What do you mean, no? You saw what happened to the professor. Whoever is out there is dangerous!"

"I know," Mark sighed.

"Trust me; the cops won't do any good. We're talking about ancient supernaturals here. Way older and powerful beyond the scope of science. This book possesses a lot of power, and I feel it. I don't know how it works but, I believe it's my only chance against him."