Chapter 12- Family Reunion

Scene 1: Qardesa- Northern Hamlet🎴

Qardesa was a wave of heat that assaulted Sora and Ayram's senses, making them feel like they had stepped into an oven, with their mouths, dry and parched.

"Almost there" Sora comforted Mark who seemed to be in distress, suffering a near death experience with his eyes completely pale. He was dying.

The atmosphere was stifling, and the streets were deserted upon their arrival, except for a few huddled figures seeking refuge from the merciless sun. The buildings around them were made of stone and appeared to be baking in the sun, with no shade to offer its inhabitants. The faint hum of insects in the air could be heard, as they too struggled to cope with the scorching heat. The air was thick and heavy, like a suffocating blanket that presses down upon you. The smell of dust and sweat hanged in the air, mingling with the acrid smoke of cooking fires that added to the already stifling ambiance.

"By the Sanhedrin, what happened here?" Ayram cried in dismay, marveling at the epitome of torture the inhabitants experienced.

"They're cursed. After Brië, Nessa's hunger for power consumed her. She came here, demanding the people to announce their allegiance to her. A few did, terrified by the genocide in the west. To them she gave them refuge in Central Hamlet. The few who renounced her were cursed indefinitely to endure the frío curse. An unbearable cloud of heat without escape" Sora narrated as Ayram marveled.

The few people dressed in loose-fitting garments, with beads of sweat rolling down their faces. Their faces were drawn and weary, as they went about their daily tasks with a grim determination. The ground beneath their feet felt like it was burning, sending waves of discomfort up their legs. The air was heavy and oppressive, making it difficult to breathe.

The only sound that could be heard was the distant ringing of a sactuary bell, its tolls echoing through the village like a mournful lament. Even the animals seemed to have retreated from the heat, seeking shelter in whatever shade they could find. The air is thick with the smell of dust, sweat, and smoke from the occasional hearth fire.

Without a word, Sora led them to a dilapidated sanctuary, its walls crumbling and covered in vines. Despite its rundown appearance, Ayram couldn't help but feel a sense of awe as he beheld the crystal-clear pool in the center of the room. Known as the pool of life, the fountain was said to be filled with the tears of the sun.

As Sora stepped into the pool, Ayram watched in amazement as she submerged Mark, murmuring enchanting spells all the while. The pool began to glow, its light filling the room and creating a spiritual whirlwind of air and floating magic.

Meanwhile, Vergie watched from a distance, tailing the group from the Salem lake in Ozryn. He waited patiently for the perfect moment to attack, his sights set on the yeti. This time, he would claim the spoils for himself.

Scene 2: Rhajr- Eastern Hamlet