twenty-seven

(20k reads... Y'all r fr insane- ILYYYYYYYYYYY and do yall wish i wouldve made this a slow burn? personally i hate them)

You left shortly after the encounter with Ryan. You really couldn't focus on anything else and your night was pretty much ruined.

Eren was trying his hardest to take your mind off of your father, but you knew you'd need to deal with it at one point.

And that day would be today.

Your boyfriend had football practice for their upcoming game so you could have this talk with Ryan without Eren being overprotective.

~

He wanted you to meet him at a restaurant downtown and you agreed it was the perfect place. It was public, but not freely public like a park, but not as overbearing as an arcade.

You doubted that he'd do anything, but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious.

Walking in you saw him sitting at a table near the door.

"Good morning, Y/N," he sipped some coffee, "how'd you sleep?"

"Well. But I know you didn't call me over here for that."

"So serious. I want you to give me my money back."

Now you were looking at him with a stunned look, "I didn't take your money."

"I know the money went to you. Now, before this gets messy," he started, typing in a number on his phone and turning it to face you, "you don't want me to get certain people involved."

You had no idea what he was threatening, but you were afraid nonetheless.

"My mother took your money. Take it up with her." You croaked, clutching your purse closer, getting ready to leave.

"Don't you think I would've done that if she wouldn't have fled the country?!" He was yelling now, and people were staring.

"Didn't you cheat on her? It's no wonder she robbed you then dipped."

It's not like you weren't used to the looks by now, but you usually hadn't done anything so you didn't care. Now this was family drama that was gonna be created public within a matter of minutes.

"Goodbye, Ryan, don't contact me again." You muttered, grabbing your bag and running to your car.

It was fine. You'd go home, change your number, and maybe move if he found out where you lived, but before you could unlock the door, a cloth was placed over your face and darkness filled your view.

~

Sorry it's short, I've had volleyball tryouts + games every day so I've been tired.

Also- this like popular kid made fun of me for being fat and I was really about to cry bro

update: i didnt make the team :/
1/16/24 edit: almost a year or two later n it still hurts LMAO
-perse