Nine

Hazel looked out of the windscreen as Claude drove through town before parking in an empty parking lot.

Hazel looked at him "Once we leave this car I don't want you leaving my sight.

If you want to go anywhere tell me.

Going outside the mansion is a risk and I won't let you do anything stupid" he said as he looked into her eyes.

"Ok.

I understand" she said.

He nodded before getting out of the car before walking over to her door.

He opened it before taking her hand.

Once she got out of the car he lock it before looking at her "If at any point you feel uncomfortable or unsafe squeeze my hand three times.

If you want my attention squeeze two times" he said.

She smiled softly before nodding.

"Come on.

There's a place I want to take you" he said before they walked into a street full of shops and customers.

Hazel looked around as she began to feel like a kid in a candy store.

She never really went out before all this and when she did it was for her mom as she never had enough time and money to buy anything for herself.

Hazel always focused on bills and other things that her mom struggled to pay or forgot to pay.

Claude led her to a jewellery store causing her to fill with confusion.

Was this the place he wanted to take her?

He led her inside before looking at her.

"Pick one thing," he said.

"Why?" she asked knowing that she didn't have enough money for anything in the store.

"Because I want you to," he said.

She felt her face heat up as he smirked softly before leading her through the store.

Hazel looked around before seeing an emerald necklace with a matching ring and bracelet beside it.

She walked up to the necklace before smiling.

It was the same colour as his eyes.

"I like this one," she said softly.

He looked at the necklace "It's very simple" he said thinking she would go for something more expensive.

"I don't mind.

Maybe we could find one similar elsewhere.

I don't have enough to buy anything here" she said.

"Don't be stupid.

I'm buying you something here and if that's what you want then it's yours" he said.

She looked at him "My birthday isn't coming up.

Why are you buying me something so expensive?" she asked knowing that the amount of the necklace could buy thousands of other things that would be more useful.

"Because when you wear it everyone will know that you're mine," he said before a member of staff walked up to them.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" she asked as Hazel struggled to hide the redness on her face.

She was his and that alone made her heart give out.

"We're going to buy this necklace and the ring," he said.

"Of course.

Do you have a size you want the ring to be?" the worker asked.

Claude took off one of his rings "The same size as this?" he said.

The woman looked at the ring "Alright.

I'll be right back" she said before walking away.

Hazel looked at Claude.

"You're getting the ring?" she asked.

"Yes," he said.

She smiled knocking that he was buying the ring so that they would be matching.

It was possessive but she liked that.

Claude looked into her eyes as she blushed softly.

"So why did you want this necklace?" he asked.

"The gem is the same colour as your eyes" she said causing butterflies to fill him.

Hazel then looked around a little more as she realised that she wasn't afraid of Claude anymore.

She was falling in love.