Ten

Minutes passed as the silver necklace around Hazel's delicate neck felt cold against her skin as she held Claude's hand.

She looked around as she let Claude take her anywhere he wanted to go as she didn't know where to start.

She looked up at Claude as he led her into a clothing store.

Hazle looked around at the clothing on sale as he turned around to look at her.

"Get whatever you want," he said before grabbing a basket.

She looked at him "I can't pay you back for this Claude" she said.

"Everything you want today I will buy you.

You won't pay me back and you won't leave anything behind.

If you want it get it" Claude said as he tried to get her to enjoy this.

He wanted to spoil her as for the first time in his life he had someone he truly wanted to spoil.

Hazel smiled before walking further into the store.

She walked to a small section of the store as she found many things she wouldn't even think of buying before.

She knew that she didn't need expensive clothes but she knew Claude wouldn't leave the store until she's grabbed a few things.

She picked up a few things before walking again as Claude picked things for her behind her.

Suddenly someone bumped into her causing Claude to growl.

Hazel looked at the person that bumped into her to see a man her age.

"Sorry," he said.

"It's ok," she said.

He looked at her "Im sorry for being forward but you're really beautiful.

Do you maybe want to get coffee or something?" he asked.

Suddenly Claude was beside Hazel as he pulled her close to him.

The man looked at Claude as rage radiated off Claude.

"She's mine.

I suggest you walk away before I break your fucking jaw" Claude said.

The man looked at Hazel before rushing away.

Hazel looked at Claude "Thank you" she said.

He looked at her before taking her hand.

That man made her skin crawl as something about him put her off.

She didn't want to see Claude hurt him but she was glad Claude was there.

"Come on," he said as he took the basket that was in her hand before bringing it to a till.

Hazel watched the middle-aged woman on the till scan every item and then watched Claude pay before walking out of the store with him.

"Do you want to go home?" she asked.

He looked at her "No.

Don't think that man is going to scare me off" he said.

They then continued to walk through the large crowds of people as Hazel looked last him as she felt her abdomen tingle from what just happened.

She never thought she would find what she just witness attractive but seeing him so protective had her at the edge.

He then looked at her as she began to feel a strange emotion, lust.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"A little," she said.

He nodded before tasking her to a fancy Italian restaurant.

They got a table before sitting down.

Hazel looked at him as he looked around.

"What's wrong?" she asked causing him to look at her.

"Nothing.

I used to come here a long time ago" he said as he took her hand.

Hazel looked at him "We can go somewhere else" she said.

"They're good memories.

My father when he was alive worked nights and my mother used to bring me here as it took her mind off him" Claude said.

"I lost my dad too.

Well kinda.

He found someone he loved more than my mom and left once we caught him.

It was years ago so it's difficult to remember it all" she said.

Claude looked into her eyes "I would never abandon you.

If I did kill me with my own gun" he said.

Hazel looked at him as she realised that he valued loyalty over everything.

She had never met anyone that would tell someone to kill them if he betrayed them but in a way that helped her feel more secure.