21 - Twenty - One - Matteo Concetta's Point Of View.

After I finished Alessio and Alexi's paperwork for them, I paced the room, and it eventually got under Sasha's skin.

"Matteo sat down. Your pacing is making me antsy." He said.

"Why haven't they reconnected yet, damn it."

"I'm working on it, trust me," Sasha hissed.

"Alessio! Give me your damn keys! I've had enough of this. I should be there to help and—--"

"I've got them!" Sasha yelled, and passed the headset back to Alessio, and he spoke.

"Thanks for your hard work, all of you." He set the headset down and told Sasha to keep them until they were back in the complex. "You, come with me. Also, you're not touching my fucking car until you're properly licenced in this country, so simmer down, you annoyance."

I followed him for the short walk back to the medical wing, and he spoke.

"Matteo, Look I get it, you've had the last three years to do what you want when you want, but you can't do that here. You need to reel it in a little, yeah?"

I rolled my eyes at him, and he threw a pair of gloves at me. "Put those on, you little jerk."

"You're right, I am used to doing what I want when I need to."

"Of course I'm right. It's my job to be, and I understand you want to be helpful, but trust me when I tell you, I have scars from my crusade to be helpful. I remember it all too well." He said, touching his side, and I assumed he was talking about when Lev saved his life. "When your foot is healed, and we get you some proper training, again, then we can talk about you helping out. Until then, please make it a little easier to deal with you. I'm trying here, Matteo. But I can only allow you so much line before I have to start reeling you in, too."

I knew what Alessio was saying. He was asking me to correct my behaviour before he had to do it himself, as the don.

I kept quiet the rest of the time. I helped him set up the medical wing for whatever they had reported to him. Lev came in, Vito beside him, looking less than thrilled. He was grumbling in Italian. His shoulder was drenched in blood and it was running down his arm. Alessio was quick to get into helping him, and Lev quickly pulled gloves on to help. Luca and Caio came in a few minutes later, and they looked mostly unharmed. Luca had a split lip and Caio had a scratch on his cheek.

I peeled off the gloves and tossed them into the bin. Alessio clearly did not need my help now that his husband was here.

"I'm heading back to Caio's," I said, just to let him know.

I grabbed some tissues and passed them to both Luca and Caio on my way out of the medical building.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Back to your place, to sleep." I said to Caio.

"Were you good?"

"Ask Alessio." I said.

I was on the couch when Caio got back, his cheek covered with a bandage. I stood up when he sat down beside me.

"Matteo?"

"I'm going for a nap." I muttered.

"Alessio chewed you out about something?"

"Not really." I said, closing the bedroom door.

I peeled the boot off and crawled into the bed, laying there for a moment before sighing. I could hear Caio cleaning up the lamp from last night.

"Alessio bitched at me about threatening him, and threatened me back, but not as my brother, but as the head of the family." I yelled.