23 - Twenty - Three - Matteo Concetta's Point Of View.

I stood up from the table and Lev spoke.

"Where are you off to, Matteo?"

"Home, to sleep."

"Have Caio come get you?" Lukas suggested.

"I'm fine to go home alone. I'll call when I get there."

"It's fine, Matteo, Go home." Alessio said. And I narrowed my eyes at him. I didn't like that he was just letting me go like this. That was unlike him lately.

"I'll come sort myself and Gabe's tomorrow." I said, before heading out. I rushed back to Alessio and Lev's complex. Caio was coming out while I was heading inside. He grabbed my arm.

"Matteo."

"Did he send you to find me?"

"No, not at all. I was going to find you myself."

I nodded and gently took his hand off my arm.

"What are you doing?"

"Going to bed, Caio. Before I make bad choices for myself again."

"Cheesecake and a movie?"

"No. I'm not feeling particularly sociable."

"If this is about that I overheard at the pool—--"

"It's not. That isn't high on my list of concerns right now, Caio."

"Matteo, what is going on?"

"Ask your hopeless love, Siena, Caio." I said, walking away, and Caio grabbed me and shoved me against the wall, not hard enough to even hurt me, but enough to get my attention.

"Matteo, I don't love her, not anymore."

I rolled my eyes, and he spoke.

"What did she do this time, Matteo?"

I started to laugh, and then I started to cry. Caio grabbed my face in his hands, and the concern in his eyes was scary.

"Matteo."

Vito came from somewhere else in the building and looked at me, and Caio moved to shield me from Vito.

"Is Matteo ok?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm handling it."

I wiped my eyes and looked at Caio.

"I'm fine."

He looked at me, unsure. He waited for Vito to walk away before he asked again.

"What did she do this time, Matteo?"

"She abandoned Gabe and I, she gave us to Andrei. Mostly Gabe since I'm legally an adult, and she went back to Italy. She gave him a letter for proof and blocked a bunch of us from being able to call and message her."

"Christ."

"Gabe doesn't even understand what the hell is going on, and he had a meltdown when Alessio told him mom was going on vacation and when he actually finds out, it's going to be a massive event. I'm just so angry, Caio. Hence why I was and am going to bed before I do something bad."

"We are going to eat cheesecake and watch tv, I'll even let you eat the damn desserts in my bed."

"Caio, I just want to sleep." I sighed.

"I said we were going to have the cheesecake, and we are doing just that. Even if I have to force you. Matteo."

Caio pulled me back to the wing and inside. He kicked off his shoes, and I pulled my shoe off. I shook my head as I went to the spare room, closing the door behind me, and yanked the boot off. Leaving it on the floor, I pulled the sweatpants from Andrei off. I grabbed a pair of boxers and pulled them up my legs, getting them on just in time. Caio opened the door and poked his head through the gap.