( CHAPTER SIX - THE LOST EYE )

[ act i - forced to love ]
CHAPTER SIX
( the lost eye )

——— RHAELYS COULDN'T SLEEP, AFTER THREE HOURS of tossing in her bed she came to the conclusion that it was no help, the bed was new to her and the sheets felt scratchy against her skin

——— RHAELYS COULDN'T SLEEP, AFTER THREE HOURS of tossing in her bed she came to the conclusion that it was no help, the bed was new to her and the sheets felt scratchy against her skin. She slipped on her night shoes and walked out her room, ignoring the questions of the guard outside of it, Rhaelys walked the dimly lit castle halls not knowing where she was actually going. Until she saw Helaena's room, the door ajar and the sound of her aunts muttering coming from within it, Rhaelys gave a quick glance to the guard at the princess' door and opened it to step in. "Rhae" the white haired girl spoke, sat up on her bed with a two books laid out in-front of her.

Rhaelys ran on to the bed, jumping up and perching herself in front of her aunt, looking down at the books, "why are you reading at this hour? aren't you tired?" she asked, her eyes meeting Helaena's for a second before the blonde looked away.

"aren't you?" she questioned, raising a brow and smiling slightly at the brunette. Helaena watched in awe at Rhaelys' laugh, her nose scrunching slightly when she smiled and Helaena caught glimpse of the slight freckles on her nose; similar to her brother, Lucerys.

When the laughter faded Rhaelys couldn't help but gaze at Helaena as her eyes darted across the pages on the book she read, "i'm sorry you have to marry my brother" she said. The comment made the strong girl frown, no one had said this to her before only Aegon in a sense, she looked up to her, "if i were a man i'd marry you, so you wouldn't have to be stuck with him" Helaena smiled.

"if only" Rhaelys smiled, staring intently into her eyes— the familiar violet colour like her own looked back at her, her pupils dilating and her cheeks tinted a pink colour, Rhaelys noticed this and smiled to herself. There had always been a pull towards the two girls, something they both passed over as a friendship between a niece and aunt— but it was different, it was a flame that ignited inside the two whenever their presence was within reach of the other, a heat in their heart. Neither knew this feeling, it was abnormal to them in any sense and the mere thought of anything happening between them both scared and excited the two, but they were young; only ten and two and one promised to the others brother, it could never happen, but as Rhaelys stared at Helaena's plump lips she didn't care anymore.

The sudden knock at the door startled the two, Ser Ivar stepping in hitting the door to the wall behind it, "The prince Aemond has been attacked, as have your brothers" he spoke with frantic in his tone, opening the door wider for the two targaryen girls to run through. "They were in the dragon pit when it happened, Aemond's injury is almost fatel, but see to your brothers first my princess" Ser Ivar said looking to Rhaelys as he opened the door to the main room for them both to enter.

Rhaelys ran to her brothers who shuffled towards her, Jace having to hold his lip while Lucerys held his bleeding nose with tissue in his hand, the older sister rubbed Jacerys arm before bending to her knee at her youngest strong brother. Holding his tissue and putting pressure, looking into his brown eyes filled with tears Rhaelys felt guilty, she wrapped her arms around him, letting him rest his head upon her shoulder and cry into her hair. She didn't care of the blood getting on her dress or the tears in her hair, she must hold her brother. Jacerys looked to her over his shoulder, nodding to him knowing he did what he could to protect their brother, his hand shook as he brought it up and held his sisters hand on his brothers shoulder.