Chapter 4

Lucie and James Graves were the brothers first recorded kill. A neighbor had seen a figure enter the house and heard the gun fire, and later described the figure as a black ghost. The couple had no children, but their dog was found four miles away from the house, dead with no collar on. That same night, a man named Phillip Roger was found cut in half in an alleyway close by, and a similar black clothed figure was reported nearby. And finally, Judith Fernandez was reported missing the morning after. Her bones were found scattered in an abandoned factory a few months later, and her death was considered part of the case, but was never made official. Ever since that night, some people still call it the Black Ghost Case.

For the next week Kurt was too under the weather to do much more than lay on the couch and watch documentaries and eat his feelings. Steve and Keys felt bad for him, knowing he had a tendency to get attached VERY easily. "Hey Bro, how you holding up?" Steve sat on the couch beside him. "Fine." He mumbled. "I know what would cheer you up. Why don't we go kill that old guy on the corner of Sutor street?" He smiled. "Nah, I don't feel up to it, sorry Steve. He's going to go soon anyway." Kurt shrugged. Steve furrowed his brow. Something was definitely wrong, Kurt was always up for a killing.

Steve licked his lips, looking at his brother. "What's really wrong Kurt? You know you can talk to me, right?" "I know." Kurt sighed, picking up the remote and pausing the TV. "I just... the couple I killed... they were doing it... and it just made me think, I'll never have that..." he whispered. "You wanna get laid?" Steve snorted. "It's not funny, I'm lonely Steve!" "I know, sorry. I was just expecting much worse. Why don't you just go on dates and shit, you're very likable." Steve offered. "Because we kill people, man. I would never be able to let someone in because I'd always be lying, hiding things. I'm a psychopath!" Kurt huffed. "So? If they were really good enough, they'd like you for who you are, not what you do in your spare time." He assured him. "You think so?" He asked quietly. "I don't think so, I know so. You know I love you, right?" Steve squeezed his knee. "I know. I love you too man." They hugged, and Kurt felt a lot better.

"I'm gonna go make sloppy joes, can you get Keys out of bed?" He stood, grinning. "Ya, sure. Still mad at him by the way." He mumbled.

That night, after dinner, Kurt got dressed in blue jeans, a black v-neck, a plaid hooded flannel, and a gray beanie with his bangs sticking out the front. "Where you headed?" Steve asked. He was washing dishes, and Kurt walked by him to get to the front door. "The Stonewall, wanna come?" The Stonewall was their local gay bar, and Steve grinned. "Ya sure, just let me get dressed." He left the dishes half washed. "Where's Keys, you think he'd wanna come?" Kurt asks. "Nah, he's in his room texting that Millie girl again." "Again?! Doesn't he remember what happened last time?" Kurt huffed. "He never learns." Steve rolled his eyes. Steve quickly changed and they raced out to the car, laughing and shoving each other playfully. They got to the bar, and they walked in. The place was pretty packed, and they pushed through the crowd to a booth in the back. "I'll go get us drinks." Steve put his coat on the table.

He walked up to the bar, waving to the bartender. "Two vodka's please." The man nodded, and he grinned. "Are you here by yourself?" A man with tan skin, salt and pepper hair and bright blue eyes winked at him. "I'm with my brother." "I bet I could take both of you." The guy winked. "We're ok, but thanks for the offer." Steve took his drinks and scurried back to their table. "A guy just offered us a double nighter." He chuckled, handing Kurt his drink. "And you said no?!" "Yea!" "Was he at least hot? I haven't got any action in a long time." He made a thrusting motion with his hips under the table, and Steve rolled his eyes, giggling. They chatted and drank for a while, admiring men as they walked by. "What about that one?" Steve pointed at a man who had just walked in. He was short with short red hair and pale skin and freckles. He had piercing green eyes, dark stubble on his chin and a cheerful looking face. He had a petite frame, almost like a child, but he stood with the confidence of a soldier. Kurt stared at him with his mouth hung open in surprise, and his eye practically sparkled with wonder. "Uh oh, someone's in love." Steve teased. "He's just so beautiful..." he whispered. "Go talk to him." Steve shoved him. "But what if he doesn't like me?" "How could he not like you? He doesn't even know you yet. And when he does, he's gonna love you, I promise." Steve grinned.

Steve watched as Kurt walked up to the man, and they started talking. It must have been going well, because they were both smiling and blushing. He sipped his drink, grinning. He paused when he spotted a cute guy at the bar. He was tall, with long curly brown hair and lots of piercings. He checked the guy out, smirking at his nice ass. He was shaken from his dirty thoughts when Kurt and the new guy sat at the table across from him. "This is my brother, Steve. Steve, this is Oscar." "Hey Oscar, how's it going?" They shook hands. "It's going alright, you?" "Good." They sat and talked for a while, and Oscar seemed to be a pretty decent guy. Closing time came around, and Steve gave Kurt a suggestive eyebrow raise. "You taking him home tonight?" he asked quietly. "Only if he wants." he grinned. "Ok, but no having sex on my bed!" he teased.

That night, Steve drove them home, turning up the radio when the two love birds started making out in the backseat. When they got home, he had to put in earplugs because Kurt's room was next to his, and the walls were very thin, and then they did it again the next morning! But he was glad his brother had met someone and was at least having a good time.