the kook year

tw:this does contain mentions of self harm and rape

let me know what you guys think:)

also go read maybank problems
——————

kiara had grown up around both pogues and kooks. she fell in love with 3 boys she called family who just so happened to be pogues too. they hung out constantly from play dates to movie nights. That is until her fathers business really took off.

in 9th grade, her parents decided it was time for her to be surrounded by kooks year round. they enrolled her at the kook academy, hoping their daughter would become more civilized and presentable. kie was ripped from her boys and was put on a no contact order from her parents. she wasn't allowed to hang out at the chateau, or go surfing with her boys anymore- and it crushed her.

she spent the first 3 months in solitude. she went to school, came home and hid in her room until dinner. then she went back to her room and did it all again the next day. she felt trapped in her own home. everyone at her new school saw her as a pogue, but everyone from the cut saw her as a kook. she was floating in this uncomfortable limbo between both sides of the island.

kie hated her new life so much and it showed in her mental health. she started eating less which lead to losing an unhealthy amount of weight for a 14 year old. she noticed this change, but she felt like her parents didn't. she spent all her time on her phone and avoiding food so she felt numb. this lead to her attempts at feeling anything which included taking razor blades to her wrists. she avoided the beach due to her fresh wounds, and started wearing bracelets which she claimed were for "style" and "recycling plastic".

halfway through the semester, kie was approached by the kook princess herself, sarah cameron. this spoiled rich blonde girl who had everyone wrapped around her finger. she introduced herself and really put in the effort to befriend kie. sarah invited her to the mall, the movies and even to her house for sleepovers. soon enough the two girls considered each other best friends. kie slowly opened up to her and trusted her with everything. she even started eating better because of this new friendship.

by the time winter break rolled around, sarah practically begged kiara to spend the whole two weeks with her and her family at their mansion. kiaras parents were thrilled by her new friendship, and sarah's step-mother wasn't bothered by the extra person around. her father claimed that she was over so much already it would be like nothings changed.

"this is gonna be so great! i'll show u where your room is" sarah squealed. kie had never seen a house this big. sure her new house on figure 8 was twice the size of her old one, but the cameron's house felt 10x bigger than that.

kie followed sarah up the stairs and walked down a long hallway. to the right was her room, to the left was sarah's, and down the hallway a little more on the right side as well was rafes room. kie noted that she shared a wall with rafe. wheezies room was downstairs with ward and roses room, leaving the highschoolers to their own floor.

"sarah what the hell" rafe hissed, storming into kiaras room. "what's ur problem" sarah teased.
"my problem? my problem is that everytime i wanna go out with my friends, you bitch and complain about watching wheezie. just watch her for one night it won't kill you" rafe spat back. sarah had asked her dad if her and kie could go to a party at the beach tonight, to which he said yes and asked rafe to babysit. ward and rose had a work dinner tonight, so as long as his kids were safe he didn't care what they did.

"look i wanna go to this party tonight with kie, it's her first night here just let us have this!" sarah responded quickly. rafes eyes traveled to make contact with kies. she felt his eyes move across her body stoping at her lips, then her exposed stomach, down her legs and back up to her lips and eyes. his lips twitched into a pathetic smirk, causing kiara to squirm.

"only if u say please" he replied, his eyes never leaving the tan girl in front of him, it almost felt like he was speaking directly to her, but sarah spoke up "please rafe can you watch wheeze?"
"since you asked so nicely" he rolled his eyes and walked back to his room. sarah was stoked and immediately started deciding what to wear tonight.

sarah settled on a lavender bikini top with matching bottoms and white shorts to go with. she took the liberty of deciding what kie wore too, which was an emerald green bikini set with regular jean shorts. she tried convincing kie to exchange her bracelets for something more aesthetically pleasing and more coordinated with her outfit, but she was reluctant and stubborn enough to make sarah drop it. besides, kie had already let her play dress up.

—————————-

"come on just one drink pleaseeee" sarah tempted her friend. "fine but only one" kie gave in. it had taken 30min for her to get to this point because sarah was so persistent. she grabbed a whiteclaw and opened it cautiously. kie had never had anything other than a sip of wine with her parents at dinner time. this was new territory. speaking of new territory, rafe cameron decided now would be the time to walk up to his kid sister and her friend.

"rafe what the fu-" sarah started but was immediately cut off by her brother who said, "wheezies in bed, i paid the neighbor to come over and watch her." it wasn't as bad as she thought.

"hey i think toppers waving me over, u gonna be ok kiara?" sarah spoke clearly eager to walk over to the boy. "yea i'm good, go have fun" kie encouraged. she didn't want her friend to think she was weighing her down, but she secretly wished she had stayed by her side. "thanks ur the best, i'll come find u in a little bit" and with that, the kook princess skipped over to the blonde 15 year old waiting for her on the other side of the fire pit.

"i thought you didn't drink." rafe whispered into kies ear from behind. kie shivers and directed her attention to the 19 year old who was now in front of her. "first time" she managed to spit out. he hummed in response. "look, ur just so innocent and friends with my sister, i would hate for someone to try and take advantage of you" he spoke deeply and brushed the tips of his fingers against kiaras upper arm. he could tell it gave her goosebumps by how close they were standing.

"i can take care of myself rafe" she giggled. "i know, but i can protect you." he reassured. shes never had someone outright tell her they could protect her, much less a boy. she hasn't even had her first kiss yet and here he was, daring her to trust him. invoking butterflies in her stomach, egging her on to just give in to his touch.

the pogues always saw her as a sister, and all the kook boys looked at sarah anyways. she wasn't used to this kind of attention.

"hey since my sister ran off why don't you come play pong with me." he encouraged, completely changing the subject. she nodded innocently. he placed his hand on the small of her back and lead her through the crowd over to the long table. the heat from his hand made her blush, which she was hoping would fade by the time they reached the table.

"leave." rafe demanded quite aggressively at 2 of the 4 people who were already playing. they did what he commanded which kie took note of as well. he seemed powerful.

"do u know how to play?" he asked smirking down at her. "i think so" she reassured him. he leaned down into her ear and whispered "don't worry, i'll help you drink yours" as he straightened himself back up and shot her a wink. rafe kept his word. he helped her drink some of the cups that were filled more than others. she was surprisingly natural at this game, but maybe it was because she wasn't nearly as drunk as the other players.

it was the last cup for kie and rafe while the other team had two. rafe held the ping pong ball in front of kies mouth and said "blow." to which she gave a good luck puff. he took his shot and made the last cup resulting in a win for rafe and kiara. kies face lit up when she realized she won. "nice job kie." rafe smirked pulling her into a hug. this was the most physical contact with him she's had in her entire friendship with sarah. "i knew you could do it" he added. it felt like he was always lifting her up, encouraging her to be the best of herself.

fuck. kie thought. i so like him.