the chateau

something pope had said made her think back to the rest of her kook year after winter break. she continued to take her pain out on her wrists and appetite. her parents had finally noticed their daughters change in behavior when lost even more weight than before and let her grades slip in school. they talked it over and decided kie could go back to her old school and be with her old friends hoping her daughter could find some happiness and security in them, even if they were pogues.

throughout the year she swore off boys all together, except her boys. they didn't count. she even tried girls for a little while and she decided that she was bisexual. girls were like a breath of fresh air. they were all nice and caring and they didn't make kie wanna crawl out of her skin. she could really be happy only dating girls. however no matter how hard she tried she could never forget the touch of a man. she hated that rafe was her first everything, but sometimes she craved guys instead.

"kie doesn't drink alcohol and nobody gives her shit" pope reiterated. "that's because i smoke" she replied "yea she does SOMETHING" jj added. "whatever, i'm going to wait until my brain has fully developed before i start damaging it" he responded. "pope you're like the smartest guy i know" jj started "not hard" jb chimed in. jj gave him the finger and continued his sentence "i'm just saying i think you could lighten up tonight, ur smartness isn't going anywhere" he squeezed popes shoulders at a pathetic attempt to persuade him into substance abuse for the night. besides, it was only going to be the 4 of them, what better place to do it.

pope still didn't cave and he let the other 3 have their fun. he was happy being dj and on refill duty. jb was attempting to teach pope how to play just dance based off a youtube video on his phone but the only thing it accomplished was having kie and jj breathlessly laughing and falling over each other while they watched.

when they finally caught a breath, jj passed kiara the blunt he rolled and they shared it between them. when he handed it to her, her bracelets rolled up and he thought he noticed something. jj was definitely a hot mess, but he was unusually observant when it came to his friends. are those scars? he thought to himself. there's no way... not kie he was severely concerned.

"so why don't you drink?" jj asked blowing smoke out of his lungs. "i just like smoking better" kie replied as if it was obvious. "oh come on popes worried about his brain cells, what are you worried about?" he persisted. "nothing god just drop it" kie snapped "sorry jage" she sighed when she realized how bitchy it came off. he nudged her knee with his so that she would look up at him. his eyes said just tell me.

"how about this, i'll tell you when we find the gold" she laughed. he desperately wanted to know her secrets but he knew better than to push. he knew how their dynamic worked and so he was content with her answer.