back in obx part 5

maybank problems has several chapters out now!!

——————————————————————-

several weeks later, once jjs injuries were healing and he was back to sneaking in and out of kiaras room every night, the group of 6 decided a party at the beach is just what they needed.

"i think i'm gonna drink tonight" kie told jj, looking deeply into his eyes "what makes ya say that?" he asked her "i'm done being afraid of rafe. i don't want him to have that part of me anymore" she continued confidently. jj smiled at her confidence and swung an arm around her and said "atta girl"

so, she had a couple drinks, and she played a couple games with her friends, and it felt pretty fucking good. jj admired her for her bravery and her ability to take control of her own life again.

it was all going great until the one and only rafe cameron decided to show up with topper and kelce. he smirked at kiara who dropped her gaze to the sand until she frantically searched for jj. she couldn't find him and it made her anxious. she was finally getting over her terror of the oldest cameron child and he just had to fuck it all up.

"what do you want rafe, leave me alone" kie spoke, standing her ground "oh come on kie, i know you missed me" rafe leaned in to smell her hair and snaked an arm around her waist "get off of me!" she tried pushing him but he wrapped his other had around her mouth "shh shh shh angel i've missed you too, just give me what you owe me and i won't hurt you" he whispered into her ear. owe him? what the fuck does he think i owe him? kie thought, suddenly filling with rage instead of anxiety.

"i just wanna play" he growled into her ear yet again. she bit one of his fingers that was covering her mouth, to which he reacted by cursing and dropping his hold on her "i said get the fuck off of me!" she shouted again, slapping him across the face "fucking bitch" he spit into the sand and brought his hand up to touch the handprint left on his cheek. he looked more pissed now than devious and it was almost worse. she hated how he looked at her.

kie backed away from him still looking for jj in the crowd, or really anyone at this point. "come here angel" he smirked reaching out for her waist again "don't touch me rafe!" she shouted "hey hey why are we shouting, you're causing a scene" he pointed around them "good, maybe then they'll find out your a fucking rapist" she hissed "i wouldn't go throwing words like that around angel, it could ruin someone's life" he twirled her hair and she punched him this time on the same side of his face. he yanked her hair so that she moved closer to him, and he grabbed her face with his other hand.

he was aiming to kiss her when he was suddenly body slammed into the sand, letting go of her completely. she took a few steps away from the situation. the person who sacked him was jj. she smiled knowing he would protect her, but was immediately brought back to reality when she realized what was happening.

jj was on top of rafe punching him like his life depended on, because it did. kiara is his life. it only took 30 seconds before john b and pope came racing up to join him which turned into a brawl when topper and kelce showed up. kie just wanted it all to stop, she couldn't bear seeing jj hurt again, and she definitely didn't want all the attention she was going to get when asked how and why it all started. they kept fighting until the familiar sounds of a cop car wailed and half the beach started running.

jj gave rafe one final swing before throwing him back down into the sand and sprinting towards the twinkie. he didn't look as bad as his last fight, only a busted lip and the beginning of a bruise on his cheek bone, nothing too crazy.

"what the hell was that all about?" cleo voiced as john b started driving. jj looked at kie who stared back at him, pleading with him not to say anything. "rafe was just being a dick" he finally spoke up "what else is new" sarah scoffed from the front seat "why start anything tonight" she continued. jj was still looking at kie asking her what to do. he could come up with an excellent lie on the spot if she needed him to, but now didn't feel like the time.