7. Please Don't Cry

I didn't want to go home. I never wanted to go home. So I didn't. I sat myself under a tree in an empty park and popped my earbuds in, thinking about life and other stuff (very specific).

Connor's POV

I'm done. Done with life. Done with my father who thinks I'm a fucking psychopath. With my mother who thinks I'm just another project for her to work on, another broken object she needs to fix. With my sister, who I don't even fucking know and who doesn't fucking know me. Done with pretty girls who pretend to be my friend even though I know they're only around me out of pity.

Fuck this shit.

I clench the orange bottle tighter in my hand as I take my usual spot under a willow tree. Only this time, I won't come back to the tree ever again.

Reader's POV

I pull my earbuds out for a second, hoping to hear the birds, if only for a second, before returning home. Instead I'm greeted by faint sobs. As I try to find the source of the noise, my eyes land on a tall boy under the willow tree.

Fuck.

Is that Connor?

Shit.

I'm on my feet, phone and earbuds forgotten, sprinting as fast as I can towards him.

"CONNOR!" I scream, tackling him to the floor. Pills spill out of the tiny orange bottle in his hand. I sob into his chest, a single, broken sob that almost sounds like a scream. He doesn't move, frozen, like a statue, shaking gently. "Did you take any?" I ask quietly, voice cracking as I sit up slowly, tears beginning to stream steadily down my face.

"No." He whispers, his adams apple bobbing under his tear stained face. I reach out a hand to wipe some of them away, but my hand is so shaky I end up almost punching him in the eye.

"Good." I try to choke out, but end up only letting out another sob.

"Hey," Connor tentatively pulls me closer, letting me collapse into him, "No, no, no, please don't cry." He whispers into my hair.

"Fuck you." I sob.

"I'm sorry."

"FUCK YOU." I scream, clenching the back of his hoodie tight in my hands, the warmth of his body reassuring my that he's alive. That he hasn't left me.

"Please don't cry." But I can feel him shaking as he cries tears of his own.

A/N:

WELL.

ANGST.

THAT WAS SHITTY.

THAT WAS THE FUCKING SHITTIEST SHIT I'VE EVER WROTE.

VOTE BECAUSE I DIDN'T KILL CONNOR AND ALSO BECAUSE CONNOR IS A VERY GOOD BOY WHO DID NOT KILL HIMSELF.

lol 420 words.

-Vale