Pick A Partner (7)

After a long day at school, Craig hopped in his car and drove off back to his home. His sister rode the bus home most days, said Craig was in detention to much and it was more reliable. He couldn't blame her though. He stopped in his driveway and stepped out, shutting the rusty door. With a sigh Craig walked inside. No sign of his parents. He guessed his dad was at the bar. His mom was probably upstairs sick.
"Guess I have to cook again."
Craig said to himself as he plopped his bag on the  floor. Craig had never been the BEST at cooking, but, he was okay at least.

"Tricia! Get down here!"
Craig shouted as he shuffled his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. It was almost completely empty. He managed to gather some basic thinks like potato's, carrots and a few other vegetables along with some leftover meat from a night ago.
"I can..probably make some sort of stew out of this..."
He pondered as he set the ingredients in the sink to wash.
"What did you want Craig?"
Tricia then asked, having shown up right behind him. Craig turned to the girl and presented a paper bag.
"Here, for you. Remember that guy we saw at the coffee shop!"
"Yeah?"
"Well, he gave us some free muffins, you can have both."
Craig announced, making Tricia's eyes light up as she snatched them out of his hand.
"YES! pleeeeease say your friends with him now! Will we always get dessert like this!?"
She asked happily.
"Craig Tucker doesn't make "friends " Craig half joked as he turned to wash the ingredients. Even when he was being nice it seemed his resting bitch face never faded.

"Moms still sick." Tricia then announced after she finished a big bite of the muffin. Craig just gave her a light pat in the head before beginning to peel the potatoes.
"Don't worry brat, she'll get better. She always has."
Craig tried to reassure as their conversation progressed into just Tricia chattering about her day. Or..about how annoying her class was. After about 30 minutes the stew was reading. Craig separated it into three bowls. Tricia sat down to eat as Craig took the bowl up to his moms room. His whole life his mother had always gotten really sick, making Craig the one to cook. Yet, this time seemed to be worse. It worried him..but he didn't have time to worry. He set the bowl down beside his sleeping mother and headed down to eat.

The next morning was the same usual. He got up and quickly had time to make breakfast for him and Tricia before zooming off to school. After dropping off  Tricia at school Craig parked and headed to his locker, fetching his books and stuffing his backpack inside.
"CRAIG I DID IT!"
a familiar voice shouted as he felt himself being hugged and clung onto.
"What do you mean?"
He asked the brown haired boy that latched onto him. Clyde.
"I finally asked Bebe out! And guess what? she said YES. Mmm yep! I'm so cool."
He bragged to himself but Craig didn't really have any interest in that, still though, he congratulated him and pat his shoulder before heading to class.

As they got seated in class Mr. Garrison soon began.
"Today class we're going to be starting a new assignment. Since we have just entered the space unit you will group into pairs of two. You all will be covering one specific section of space and making a presentation out of it. The list of categories is on my desk..go pick your partners and don't bother me or anything.."
He explained as he kicked his feet up on his desk and leaned back, quickly falling asleep.

Though his face remained in the same resting-bitch-face expression, Craig was over the moon about this project..even if he preferred working alone . Science was Craig's favorite class ESPECIALLY space. This was the perfect project and he WOULD do good on it no matter what.

The entire class stood up and began to separate into a chaos of people seeking partners.
Kenny with Butters.
Annie and Red.
Tolkien with Jimmy and so on and so forth. Stan and Wendy decided to be partners which made Kyle pair with Cartman. Both looked pissed.
Craig naturally went to Clyde, only to find him partnering with his new found love, Bebe. After a half hearted apology from Clyde, Craig made his way to the only person without a partner now. Tweek.

"Hey Twitchy. Clydes with Bebe now, that makes me your partner."
He poked his chest, making Tweek flinch back the slightest bit.
"Oh um- yeah that's fine. I didn't really have anyone to be paired up- w-with anyway."
Tweek responded as the two walked to the teachers desk.
"So, what were you thinking of researching? There's a lot of options."
Tweek questioned as he skimmed through the topics. Black holes, planets, space debris and more.

Craig bent down to scan the topics.
"Stars."
He then said plainly, looking to Tweek.
"What if we made our presentation about stars?"
He followed it up. Tweek sort of fumbled with his hands as he responded.
"Yeah- that should work!"
The blonde gave a smile as the two shuffled back to their desks and began to start on the project.
Throughout the hour the two made light small talk while working. Talking about hobbies and such. At one point Craig even laughed. He was starting to actually enjoy talking to Tweek. Yes he was still weird but in almost an intriguing way. He wanted to get to know him more. But of course, Craig would NEVER admit that.

By the end the class began to pack up their things while Mr. Garrison finally woke up.
"So- do....do you want to meet up after school or something?"
Tweek asked, turning to the black haired boy.
"Sure. Where?" Craig asked with a tilt of his head.
"Hm..well- I have to work closing shift tonight, so I should be the only one there. It might be a good place to research." He suggested.

"Yeah. That should be fine."
"Great! See you at lunch, Craig!"
Tweek said as he gave him a awkward smile and headed out the door to his next class.
.
.
.

~Author note~
(Hey hey! Author here! Thanks for reading to this point! I really appreciate the support I've been getting recently, I thought like no one would read this! Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all! If you like this don't forget to vote and comment!)