1. the raghuvanshis

A day before Aster opening, Royal Palace, Ananta

"It seems you kids have forgotten the importance of time. You are three minutes late to dinner, Rajkumari Kashvi. This shall not repeat itself again." A loud angry voice resonated in the dining room of the Royal Palace. The strict voice belonged to Rajmata Devyani. The woman was made of steel, the epitome of power for Ananta. The first queen.

Punctuality was taken very seriously in Royalty. If you couldn't bother to come on time, people would not call you the second time around. Tardiness was for the weak and Raghuvanshi's weren't weak.

Rajmata Devyani was not your stereotypical soft-spoken and loving mother or grandmother. In Fact she was worse than Amitabh Bachchan in Mohabbatein. Her life ran on three words; Parampara,  Prathista, and Anusashan. And boy did she do her best to make her kids and grandkids the same.

Devyani wasn't always this overbearing. Times had made her this way and after losing so much, she wasn't willing to lose more. She loved her family and made sure they were always protected, however, she often failed to remind them that.

Eyes of a tigress, an angled face and always wrapped in an elaborate beige saree with carefully chosen accessories, she carried herself with utmost grace and dignity. Her conduct didn't leave room for mistakes as she sat beside her husband, Rajpita Karanveer.

Rajpita Karanveer, the man who found Ananta years ago and made it a country. Wise, thoughtful and knowledgeable was his second name. Contrary to his wife, he had a calmer demeanor. However, his anger was not to be tested. With glasses perched on his nose and a gray beard, he looked at his granddaughter who was getting reprimanded by his wife, "Enough, Devyani. And Princess Kashvi, this mistake shall not be repeated again."

Rajpita Karanveer, though not as stern as his wife, but a hard nut to crack nonetheless. A firm believer in discipline and an extraordinary leader in his times that even now, no one had the courage to oppose his decisions. Not even his wife, whom everyone feared. Well almost.

Princess Kashvi, the second youngest Princess of Ananta, 21 years old, was late today and everyday. The second youngest daughter of Kabeer and Krishna . An emerging fashion designer, Kashvi is one of the Elites at Aster. Classy, arrogant and sassy to the core, the only people that manage to make Kashvi bow her head are her father and grandparents. Due to being the second youngest Kashvi was naturally the most spoilt of her siblings.

Currently, she huffed in her seat as she sat down, rolling her eyes discreetly. Devika, her older sister nudged her shaking her head at Kashvi, as if telling her to behave and nodded towards their grandparents. Kashvi sighed at her sister and apologized to her grandparents, "I am sorry for being late. It will not happen again."

Princess Devika smiled at her younger sister and mouthed a 'thank you' to her. For Kashvi, Devika was the mother figure in her life that her grandmother and mother could not be. If someone asked Kashvi who she loved the most in the world, it would undoubtedly be Devika.

Devika, the oldest child of Maharaj Kabeer and Maharani Krishna was named after her grandmother, Devyani owing to their physical similarities. However, her nature was poles apart from the woman. Devika at 23, was as disciplined and conducted as a Raghuvanshi could be, yet too soft-hearted for one. Devyani hardly said 'yes' to something, while Devika had a hard time saying 'no'.

Another reason why Devika willingly left the throne, not even trying to be the next heir. Instead, she became a social worker and today she runs the biggest NGO in all of Ananta. One that helps unprivileged children and adults get jobs/education and live independently.