6. her boys, her ways

Present day, Los Angeles, California

Raaha Rai.

Self- reflection; the activity of thinking about your own feeling and behavior and reasons why they are the way they are

An actor always reflects, but rarely are they self-reflecting. Our job is to go into the depths of fictional minds and become them. People think acting is about acting, no, real raw actors are never actually acting.

They are always self-reflecting. Understanding themselves better when they play someone else. When one recognizes what makes us different from someone else, we also realize what we are lacking. Perfection is a myth everyone is trying to prove wrong. To a large section of people, I was a star.

But people often forgot, to be a star, you must burn.

I had burnt and that's precisely why I was an artist.

I burnt when grew up an orphan.

I burnt when a doctor bluntly told me I had a fatal lifetime disease.

I burnt when I gave my an audition and the director offered to give me a role if I slept with him.

I burnt when I thought about the fact that I was only 8 when this happened.

I burnt when I was called a freak because I had ADHD.

To people, I was light, inside raged a storm not many saw. For all things that were lighten had to be set on fire first.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Hell, I would be an ungrateful bitch if I did with the kind of lifestyle I live.

I had plenty of things to be happy about.

My bank balance

My career

My popularity

My house

My freedom

My attractive form and intellect,

but most of all,

my boys

The eight boys who had stuck by me since childhood. I couldn't even call them best friends anymore because we were like family.

We had done all the crazy pranks together and grown in this industry together. To people, we were stars. To each other, we were the people that you stargazed with under the dark sky. We all had a lot in common. To be specific, we had enchanting tragedies in common.

All orphans

All artists controversial

All unique personalities

and my favorite of them all, all utter crackheads when put together in a room.

First on the list were the most protective four of the lot, the yadhuvanshis, the quadruplets who were a year older than me. Their only advantage over me which they loved to flex now and then.