5. new shocks

Aster Academy, Ouranous

Kiara Singh Raghuvanshi

I often wonder how people feel charged for the first day of hell. The hallways of Aster were filled with excited students running to meet their friends like pigeons. To them, Aster was gold standard.

The best education in the world and rightly so. This school taught you anything and everything, except art. To me, it was hell on earth. I felt captured and prisoned in this place.

And lonely. Extremely lonely.

Technically, I was a part of the Elites, but in reality I knew I didn't deserve the spot I had been given. I lived in Ouranous at Aster, which meant "heaven " in Greek. Yet, I had done nothing to reach till here.

I was after all a failed product of nepotism. I was aware of this yes, but days like today made me hyper aware. The good part was that I was not alone. The ship of Elites with broken passions had a few other passengers.

Rishit, Riday and Rihaan Roy-Reddy Raichand (19)

Maahi Oberoi (19) and Vedanshi Dixit (19)

I was the youngest of the lot at 18.

Thankfully, I had company in terror. I know I sound like a sadist, but when you aren't the only one suffering, it becomes a little easier to swallow the pill of reality.

Together we resembled the forgotten six. With siblings all prodigies, we often felt like losers and left out.

I watched keenly as the other Elites discussed the preparations needed to be made for our stay at Ouranous. A glass blocked my way, but I could see the faces of the other Elites clearly.

Sitting straight like a dangerous lion at the head of the table was the brother, Yuvraaj Adhyant Kahan Singh Raghuvanshi.

Establish Businessman, Crown Prince and perfect in sword-fighting. I won't lie, Adhyant was scary. Even at 19, I could not ignore or defy his orders. It was slight stare he gave you, piercing through your eyes that made it impossible to deft him. Not to mention, he had the highest IQ the Elites.

Adhyant was the unannounced leader of the pack since childhood. On his left and right, were Adhiraj, Aviraj and Abhiraj, Rishit, Riday and Rihaan's older brothers. Beside the both them were my dear, beloved triplets, Kashvi and Kainaat.

The rest of the table was filled with Ivaan Reddy (21), a smart-ass who was on his way to become a doctor.

Divyansh Roy (21), an intelligent idiot going to be a journalist.

Vedika Dixit (21), an emerging architect, Meher Oberoi (21), the 'better' twin compared to Maahi who was going to follow her family's footsteps and study education administration.