3. new beginnings

Present Day, Los Angeles, California

"And cut. Outstanding one, Raaha." , the director, Sam Matthew, shot a quick smile at the actress. They had just finished shooting for an action thriller.

The actress, Raaha, shot him a small smile, slight dimples peeking out. Sam ignored the fast thud of his heartbeat at her smile. The actress caught eyes wherever she went. Her features weren't just pretty, rather exquisite. It was like the camera was made for her and not the other way around.

At 17, she was more graceful than some 50 years old actors, yet her face reminded people of how young she actually was. On screen however, she had the nuisances of a seasoned professional. Her experience of 14 year reflected evidently.

Raaha Rai was her name.

And her description was too long to give. For the past 14 years, she had been in the entertainment business.

A prodigy, that's what she was. And god was she everywhere. She had started with Bollywood, hailing from Mumbai and ironically made her space everywhere. With no filmy background and no rich known family, Raaha relied on talent and gut instinct.

She was a popular actress having done a couple TV shows and movies in Bollywood as well as Hollywood. At 17, she had won 5 Oscars and 7 Filmfare awards. But her list of achievements didn't end there.

Raaha was widely known as a musical prodigy. Her vocal range being recognized as the highest in the world. At 17, she had the same amount of successful albums released as Taylor Swift. And awards as well. All her world tours and concerts were sold out within a day or less. She was also a well known voice artist and stand-up comedian.

If all that wasn't enough the girl was the highest paid model in the world. And an excellent business woman, music video director, along with the most followed female on Instagram in the world. In addition to all this, she had won Miss Universe this year, representing India, making her a global favorite of many.

Often she also released poetry books and children's story books and acted in Broadway theatre shows. For her, anything related to literature and classics was gold. But there was more to her than this, stuff that a google search didn't tell you.

She enjoyed painting and often sold her painting and donated the money to hospitals and orphanages.

She went by the name, "Raahat ". The world knew the name but not the face and Raaha preferred to keep it this was. With this named she made art like paintings and sculptures.

As a celebrity she first hand knew the problem of too much attention.  She realized quickly that there was power in privacy. Somethings weren't for the world to see. Secrecy became more important as fame increased. The need to little moments of happiness became a lot more visceral. 

***

"Raaha, you don't understand. You are at the peak of your career and this is your choice! Have you considered your health and immunity? Have you gone mad!"

The girl in question looked unaffected and passed her best friend a water bottle to the seat in her vanity. Effectively stopping her rant. Sometimes Raaha felt the reason he didn't work herself up when it came to her problems is because people around her did it for her.