2. the raichands

A day before Aster opening, Raichand Residence

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

"Mamma, Aster starts tomorrow. I will have to stay over their. But don't worry, I will come home for the weekends. Aap tab tak uth jaogi na?"

(You will wake up till then, na)

The boy sighed as his words made no impact on his mother. Before he could talk again, he was interrupted by a loud voice,

"Leave it, Riday. Empty hopes hurt more than grief. She isn't going to wake up now."

Riday Roy-Reddy Raichand, the youngest son of the Ananta Mafia and Raichand Empire, one of the richest businesses in the world. At 19, Riday was as hopeful as his oldest triplet was pessimistic about their mother waking up.

His middle triplet, Rishit Roy-Reddy Raichand. Older triplet as Rishit liked to keep reminding him. 

Rishit groaned at his mother's figure that was sleeping. Precisely that was in coma since 14 years.

Ever since that incident

Which took away everything from them

Anger surged through Rishit as he thought about what had happened. For him, anger was the only way to let out his emotions. He simple didn't feel beyond anger. Riday on the other hand, lived hanging onto a very thin rope of hope. Unsure and insecure.

While two of the triplets were in turmoil, the third angrily shouted, bringing them out of their thoughts, "We have to leave today. Stop wasting time you both."

The voice came from the oldest of the triplets, Rihaan Roy-Reddy Raichand. And the bossiest of them three. Also the only one who had given up all hope of his mother ever waking up. Rishit would never admit it, but in a tiny corner of his heart, he too hoped for a miracle.

For Riday, it was never over until the beeping monitor went off. Medical professionals however believed other wise.

'Mrs. Raichand is in a very deep coma. Her brain refuses to respond to any treatment. She can hear everything, but her body cannot respond. She is a dead body with a beating pulse. She may never wake up.'

With a bruised heart, Riday, Rishit and Rihaan walked out of the room. 14 years ago they had not only lost their mother, but their passion as well. Similar to Kiara, the three were equally interested in the arts.

Something they inherited from their mother, Anamika Roy-Reddy Raichand

The musical and acting legend

Like Kiara, their passions were also shattered. Art was banned in Ananta and that would not change. They needed to move on if they wanted to be happy. With this thought in their head, they packed their bags for a new year at Aster Academy!

Unaware that this year a hurricane will change the course of their life.

***

Raichand

The kind of last name you only see in Bollywood movies. The one that represents wealth. Similarly, as such were the Raichands of the real world. The ones that resided in Ananta. For generations, they had been ruling the most powerful mafia in the world. The Indian Mafia.