8. dilkashi

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END

***

Once the Elites and Evara were finished gawking at Raaha, Evara found it best to introduce her to her new classmates, "Welcome to Ananta, kid. I hope the ride here was comfortable for you. Was there any problem with traveling at all?"

The Elites looked distracted by the small talk, but not for long as they heard Raaha's voice, "Thank you, ma'am. Yes, there wasn't much hassle this trip compared to others. Also, the architecture here looks wonderful. Ananta is truly different from the rest of the world."

Evara looked pleased with her manners while the Elites stomach churn with butterflies at Raaha's voice. She had the sweetest voice ever and it was no wonder she was a musical prodigy. Her voice was smooth, musical and held a freshness to it. She'd the kind of voice even her haters would find soothing. Yet, there was a powerful high pitch undertone that rang in her voice.

"Well, I am happy to hear that. And for the architecture, the credit goes to Vedika and Vedanshi's family. They have played a huge role in the design and execution of the place. Speaking of which, let me introduce you to your classmates."

Raaha politely nodded at her words and moved forward towards the Elites. Evara slightly glared at the Elites, reminding them to behave. "Let's start off with your seniors. That's Vedika, Shreya, Meher, Adhyant, Adhiraj, Abhiraj, Aviraj, Divyansh and Ivaan."

Evara listed the names of the older Elites, pointing her hand at the face while giving the name. Raaha slightly waved at the others as each name rang out but she was far from being fooled. She could tell these people didn't like her. And if her perception was somewhat on point, they already hated her. As all of them stubbornly frowned at her, not even bothering to act civil.

And she hadn't even started to piss them off yet. To Raaha, it was her special talent. Especially in show biz, people wore a lot of masks. Raaha didn't know these people yet, but a part of her was happy with the honesty they showed.

She would rather know they despise her than be surprised about it and feel betrayed. Raaha ignored their ignorance for now. They were her senior after all. Maybe today wasn't a good day for them, she thought.

"And that is Kashvi, Kiara, Kainaat, Maahi, Vedanshi, Riday, Rihaan and Rishit."

Again ignorance. Evara nudged Riday, who begrudgingly muttered a 'hi' followed by seven other echoes. "Well. You must be tired. Your seniors can show you to your room and take the day off to explore your knew house and get settled in. Lunch will be served..."

Evara paused as she saw Raaha's hand go up. In response she blinked her eyes as a nod. "If its alright with you, can I cook my own meals?"

Evara widened her eyes in surprise and smiled, side-glaring at the Elites. Elites who could set fire into the kitchen if they stepped in. Then an idea struck her. "Sure. However instead of paying for your meals, there is something else that you can do. How good of a cook are you kid?"

The confident glint in Raaha's eyes gave her away. Evara knew the girl could cook, so she went ahead with her deal. "We have a rule at Ouranous, every Helios member had to contribute to their living in some way or the other. Some have to help maintain the building, clean the garden. Seniors usually help in the school workings. If you want you can take charge of the kitchen."