II. GO YOUR OWN WAY

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗴𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘆 (𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗰)

❝ 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚢
𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝙸'𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍
𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚙
𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚢 ❞

❝ 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚢𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝙸'𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚙𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚢 ❞

#8 YEARS BEFORE BATTLE OF XANDAR.

Naverrie turned her mind off, like she always did, because all the walking around some wicked place was no fun.

She was dressed in leather jeans and jacket, with a slightly ripped shirt underneath it, and all of it was simply too big on her. Bounty hunters that decided to keep her didn't care to provide her with some more suitable clothes. . . For them, she was somewhat a pet. They treated her like one, too. If not worse. She shifted when cuts on her back brunt underneath her garb, but she had to carry on standing there and waiting for someone to tell her what to do. That's what she was here for.

Her skin was cut in different places - arms, back, even her hands. Each time she did something wrong, they beated her up, mostly with lances, other times it was knives. They even invented a game in which she had to stand still and they were either throwing knives at her, or shooting from their weapons. They were meant to hit the target behind her back, but she was grazed by their shots more often than not.

The planet they were on was fully industrial and ironically, Naverrie had a collar around her neck with a chain attached to it, one of the bounty hunter gripping the other end. As if she knew where to escape to survive. Well, Naverrie hoped to get a chance to run, but there was none. Ever.

They arrived to what looked like a large palace. The building wasn't tall, but wide and gave an impression of towering over her. Naverrie shuddered at the sight. The inside was dark, kept in cold blue lights of lanterns attached to the walls of the corridor. Someone welcomed them - the man was tall, clad in an elegant white suit. His hair was ginger, slicked back with a lot of gel that iluminated in the light. He was walking with a golden staff and spoke with some nonchality that made Naverrie gag internally. Still, she had hard time understanding their sentences, mostly some words from which she tried to make out sense. She was usually failing.

"Welcome into my house. I hope you will enjoy your time spend here, among my collection of fauna, flora and relics from every corner of the galaxy. It's the second of the larger collections in the world, if I may ad. . ."

"Blah, blah, we don't care!" the leader of the hunters cut in broadly. "We gonna show you what we've got and you gonna pay us, that's the way it goes!"

The elegant man in front of them frowned, surely insulted by the way he was interrupted. He eyed the dirty men and huffed under his breath. "Very well then. . . My name is Yorin Zanto, what is yours, sir?"