IV. IT'S A SIN

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗻 (𝗽𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘀)

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚎
𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎
𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘
𝙽𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚘
𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚗 ❞

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚎𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝙽𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗...

#PRESENT DAY

The Milano ─ Peter Quill's starship ─ shook violently when a water gazer erupted right under it, sending it a few good miles into the air. The engines were flooded and they turned off on their own accord. The sudden movement threw Quill out of his chair and straight to the back of the cockpit, his back hitting the metal door and knocking the air out of his lungs. He knew he needed to go back to the rudders and start the engines once again, simply to not crush on the surface of Morag. It was the last thing he wanted to happen with his precious ship... And with himself.

When the Milano spinned in circles as it was falling, Quill managed to pull himself up by the wall. He made it to the control panel and pulled a lewer; it took a moment and these few seconds were mercilessly long. He could actually see the ground getting closer and closer, he imagined the remains of his ship shatter into tiny pieces and himself as a big puddle of blood and meat, but then the engines snapped back to life and the Milano shoot up into vertical position, which also sent Quill to the floor. He groaned in pain, but regained his composure just as fast and rose to his feet in case to take the pilot's seat. The Kree were short on his tail and he had to act quickly if he didn't want to get caught.

He gripped the rudders with one hand and kept the speed lewer in the other, fastening the Milano's movements as he zoomed towards the sky. Once Morag was behind his back, he directed the ship into the nearby wormhole and dispersed into thin air where the Kree couldn't follow him.

Peter let out a sigh of relief, falling back onto the chair. He laughed to himself for another successful escape and pulled out the very thing he was chased for. An artefact shaped into an orb, made out of metal with strange cravings. Looked boring, yet, a whole fleet of Kree wanted to get it for reasons unknown. Quill grew curious as for why would they fight for it so badly.

The hatch to the below deck springed open and Quill turned towards it, suprised to see a Krylorian woman looking up at him incredulously. Her hair were a mess and she was wearing his t-shirt.

"Peter?" she spoke up, her voice laced with confusion as for the situation that occurred.

"Oh, hi, uh..." He paused, frowning slightly and snapping his fingers, trying to remember her name. His mind was blank, though, and the woman noticed.