I. BORN TO RUN

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘂𝗻 (𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻)

❝ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚙, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚙
𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐
'𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚜, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 ❞

❝ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚙, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚆𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐'𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚜, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 ❞

#10 YEARS BEFORE BATTLE OF XANDAR.

Naverrie was just a child when her planet burnt down and her people were slaughtered.

Obviously, she remembered none of it. Perhaps some flashes of incoherent scenes that she wasn't sure if were real or just made up in her mind. Flames consuming the city, buildings crashing down onto the streets, spacecrafts flying around and shooting down everything on their path ─ it was just a glimpse of what happened that fatefull night on Zutar. The planet was gone. Kree had no mercy on the Zutarians. When they made sure to terrorize them with an assault attack from air, they proceeded to use much larger guns to burn down the globe. And though it was still there, floating in space, around its star, it was no longer safe to live there. When all the fauna and flora died, it became uninhabitable. Most of the people died during the attack. And those who made it to escape into space, they were quickly haunted down and killed just the same.

There was just a few spaceships of Zutarians who made the jump to the nearest galaxy. They didn't make it for more than a few weeks, though. Naverrie's parents were captains on one of the ships that kept escaping from the Kree fleet's grasp for years now, to the point where running and living on a ship became normal for little Naverrie. Frankly, she was the only child on board being this young. She was only seven at the time the Kree fleet found them.

"We can't hang around for long, they're coming," Naverrie's mother said hurriedly, in a hushed voice. The group was small ─ smaller than it was at the beginning. Some Zutarians sacrificed themselves whenever they could, just to buy time for their friends to runaway. Currently, their number was only twenty. Nothing compared to Ronan's army.

"The Krees are closing in. We must make our move unless we want to stay alive," another Zutarian spoke, nodding to the woman. Naverrie's father frowned to himself as he stared at the console in front of him.

"The nearest wormhole is all the way behind the asteroid field," he exclaimed. "We might not make it."

"We must," another woman in the group said stubbornly. "We can't let them track us down! We've made it this far, we can't just give up now. We should try to make it through."