VI. PANDORA'S BOX

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝘅 (𝗼𝗺𝗱)

❝ 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎
𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝙸𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 ❞

❝ 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚒�...

"Naverrie. Origin unknown. . . Has been taken in by Yondu Udonta and his Ravagers just a few years ago. Travels with Peter Quill half of the time."

"What a bunch of a-holes. . . Transport all five to the Kyln."

When Nova Corps arrested them, they were taken straight to their headquarters and then one by one, they entered a room in which their criminal past and lifestory has been presented to the Denarian. Once each of them went inside and came out, they were taken to the prison. And not just some prison ─ to the Kyln, no less. The worst out of every other. Naverrie didn't like that at all.

Once they were on place, they were instructed to follow a guard down a bunch of corridors, some of them separated by locked doors. They were forced to go along in a line, with Gamora up front, Rocket behind her, next Naverrie and then Quill, lastly, Groot. Rocket kept talking about this prison as if none of them heard about it at least once in their lives.

"I guess most of Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupt and cruel. But, hey, that's not my problem. I ain't gonna be here long. I've escaped 22 prisons, this one's no different." Naverrie raised her eyebrows, actually impressed, while Rocket directed his next words to Quill. "You're lucky the broad showed up, because otherwise, me and Groot would be collecting that bounty right now, and you'd be getting drawn and quartered by Yondu and those Ravagers."

"I've had a lot of folks try to kill me over the years. I ain't about to be brought down by a tree and a talking raccoon," Quill scoffed.

"What's a raccoon?" Rocket asked confusingly.

"What's a raccoon? That's what you are, stupid."

"Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me," Rocket exclaimed proudly.

"By the way, why'd you double-cross me like that?" Quill asked, glaring at the back of Naverrie's head. "For a tree and a raccoon?"

"That's what you get for being a dick," Naverrie said carelessly.

"You're two-faced moron, Nave," he snapped. Naverrie opened her mouth to retort, but Quill quickly changed the subject before she got a chance to. "So, this orb has a real shiny blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?"