Chapter One

Bang Bang! Bang!

The sound of Gumball fists mindlessly pounding against a punching bag filled the shed, the feline completely oblivious to his surroundings as his mind raced with fear and worry, painful memories echoing around his head.

Why don't you just shut the hell up and go back in your stupid shell like you belong and just leave me the hell alone!

Stay away from me! I don't want anything to do with you anymore you...you arrogant, selfish, egotistical jerk! As far as I'm concerned, we're over!

Bang! Bang! Bang!

His punches grew more aggressive as he began to grow angry. Angry at himself, for how he had acted. What was he thinking!? How he could have said such a thing to her!?

I DON'T CARE! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHATEVER STUPID THING YOU WANT ME TO DO TO CALM DOWN! IT WON'T WORK! SO JUST SHUT YOUR TRAP AND LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU IRRITATING, USELESS PET!

I was only trying to help but if that's how you're gonna act then you're on your own!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

He began to punch faster and harder, beginning to pant, his eyes narrowing as his expression grew angrier. Darwin is his best friend! His brother! What on earth was wrong with him!? How could he ever say something so cruel to him!? So hurtful!?

As Gumball continued to pound his punching bag the shed door quietly opened, and Nicole poked her head inside the doorway. The older feline frowned as she saw how worked up he seemed to be.

Leave her...AGHHHHH...leave her alone!

G-Gumball...!? A-a-are you okay!?

You need to...to...r-run...

STAY. AWAY. FROM MY SISTER!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

His punches grew ever more aggressive, the younger feline beginning to emit a low growl, teeth visible as he gritted them. How could he lose control like that? How could he have let something so dangerous happen!? He could have gotten everyone killed!

Nicole cautiously opened the shed door further and stepped inside, speaking softly. "Gumball...? Take it easy sweetheart, we don't want you getting too worked up..."

Gumball? G...Gumball? W-What are you doing?! I-I-It's me, Anais! Your s-sister!

G-G-Gumball, p-please! Y-Y-You'd never hurt me! I-I-I know you wouldn't!

GUMBALL PLEASE!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The feline began to pant harder, his breathing quick and sharp as he let loose on the punching bag, harder and harder, his fits almost a blur they were moving so fast. He almost hurt her! His own sister was almost killed by him! How could have let himself get so worked up!? How could he have done something so stupid!?

His mother walked over and held his paw, squeezing it as she began to speak more sternly, beginning to get concerned. "Gumball, calm down!"

You didn't mean it. You got pushed over the edge. That's not your fault. None of this is

It's okay, it's okay, I forgive you. Whatever that was, it wasn't you. I know the real you would never hurt me, ever.