Chapter Four

Woo, Chapter Four and it's finally time for Part One of Gumball's first day back at school. Not sure how many parts it'll end up being, but it'll definitely be at least 3 or 4. Also, as a quick side note, I'm going to try and make each chapter a little longer now, otherwise, this story is going to take ages to get anywhere. Normally four chapters would be at least around the halfway point of one of my stories, but for this one we aren't even a quarter of the way through yet!

So, what kind of problems will end up happening to Gumball this time? How will the young feline fair finally being back in the place where everything went wrong? And will he perhaps gain some unlikely new supporters?

Well, let's begin this chapter and find out...

Still holding hands Gumball and Penny took a deep breath and entered the school.

Here he was. Back in the very place he'd completely lost control only a few weeks prior. Where he'd almost lost Penny forever. Almost killed his sister...

The feline swallowed as the painful memories came flashing back to him. Yelling at Penny and Darwin, losing control, and waking up to find himself about to kill Anais.

He began to tremble lightly, eyes tearing up as he let out a quiet whimper. Penny noticed this and gently gave his paw another squeeze, quietly turning and giving him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you."

He smiled weakly, pausing to close his eyes and taking a few deep breaths to calm down.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah..." The feline nodded, exhaling again before flashing a grateful smile. "Thanks."

The fairy gave a nod as if to say he was welcome before the two continued toward the lockers.

When they finally arrived they found Darwin, Carrie, and Anais all waiting for them, the fish tapping his foot impatiently,

"There you are!" Darwin crossed his arms. "What took you so long!?"

"Sorry, I was just having a quick chat with Gumball about something, that's all."

"Then why didn't you tell us you were gonna stop and have a little chit-chat before coming in?"

"I didn't think it was that big a deal." Penny shrugged.

"Not that big a deal? You can't just randomly disappear whenever you feel like it!" The young fish glared at her.

"Dar, it was only a few minutes. It's really not that big a deal. Just calm down, okay?" Carrie spoke up, floating over to him and squeezing his fin.

"Yes it was only a few minutes, but those were a few minutes where I didn't know where Gumball was! Anything could have been happening! Someone arguing with him, him running away too scared to come in, him losing control again! I just...I'm just really worried about him, okay? I don't want something like before to happen again!" He finally admitted, beginning to tear up.

"Awww, bud..." The feline couldn't help but smile, heart warmed that his brother was so concerned about him.

"I...I know how bad you felt the first time, h-how bad you still feel, a-a-and I don't want that to become any w-worse! I don't want you to lose control and d-do something you'll never be able to forgive yourself for! I c-can't let that happen!" Darwin sniffled, warm tears now trickling down his face.

"Oh...come here!" Gumball opened his arms, offering him a hug. He accepted, letting the kitten's arms wrap around him as he continued to cry.

"It's okay Dar, you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine. I'm completely okay."