Chapter Two

"Oh...I don't know if I can do this..." Gumball bit his lip, his tail wrapping around his waist as the feline hugged it up against his chest nervously. It was the next day, and now he, Darwin, and Anais were sat at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive for his first day back at school.

Darwin smiled and took his paw. "Hey, of course you can. We're right here with you dude, and we believe in you. I promise you have nothing to worry about."

His sister nodded in agreement. "Yeah, plus we'll be with Penny as well soon enough! She won't let anything happen to you!"

"I know, i know but...I just can't stop thinking that something is gonna go wrong and I'll lose my cool again. That can't...I-I-I don't want to snap like that again!"

"and you won't." Anais assured him. "if anyone tries to rile you up, we'll deal with them."

"You...you will? You promise?"

"I promise. As long as we can help it, no one is gonna bother you."

The feline gave a weak smile. "Thanks...I really don't know what I'd do without you guys..."

"Mmmmmm...cry for your mommy?" Darwin smirked.

"What, no! I haven't called her that since...well since we were hanging from the top of the mall's parking lot a while back actually..."

"You were hanging from the top of the parking lot? Why?" Anais asked.

"Mom had grounded us after we'd secretly made her do a bunch of tasks and trials to prove that she was the best Mom in the world." Darwin explained.

"Yeah, and we wanted to make it up to her so we painted over this banner that was hanging over the parking lot, but we didn't realize the lift we were on couldn't support both our weights. It fell and we were stuck hanging."

"Which is when you called your Mommy for help?" Anais giggled.

"I was scared okay!"  His face flushed a deep red.

"Oh, is that why you kept screaming even after Mom saved us?"

"My eyes were closed, I didn't know!" The feline defended himself.

"Nah, i think it's just cause you're a little scaredy cat!" Anais playfully nudged him, as Darwin began to laugh.

"Am not!"

"Are...are too!" His brother continued to laugh.

As Gumball crossed his arms and looked down Anais joined in with her brother's laughter. 

"It's not funny!" Gumball insisted, trying to hide the grin that he formed on his face.

"Oh? Then why are you grinning?" Anais asked.

"Because...I...just shut up!" He too began to laugh,

"Hahahahaha...I...I told you we'd look back and laugh about that whole ordeal someday!"

"I never doubted you were right dude..." Gumball smiled.

As the three finally regained their composure and wiped their eyes, they heard the familiar sound of a rumbling engine coming around the corner. 

They all turned to see the school bus pulling up. Whilst Anais and Darwin got up, Gumball hesitated, reminded now of what lay ahead. His ears lowered as he let out a small whimper.

His siblings stopped, realizing he hadn't moved. "Come on Gumball, the bus is here." Anais called out softly. 

He remained firmly in place however, beginning to tremble in fear as his heart began to face. "N_No...I-I-I can't...I can't do this! I can't do this, -I-II can't do this!! I can't, I can't, I can't!" He began to cry, tears trickling down his face.