Wildest Dreams

The morning following Jenn and Ben's therapeutic session, their relationship showed signs of improvement. Jenn, however, found herself more immersed in journaling than ever before. Her morning was dedicated to meditation and pouring her thoughts onto the pages of her journal. The kids, aware of her need for solitude, respected her space and refrained from interrupting. Sera and Cy, inspired by their mother's love for cooking, took charge of preparing breakfast for the family. Sera's remarkable culinary skills were something of a well-kept secret, matching Jennifer's prowess in the kitchen. Today, she was passing down her culinary wisdom to her younger brother, guiding him through the art of crafting homemade crepes.Jennifer gracefully rose from her serene spot beneath the welcoming shade of a tree. She ventured inside to brew herself a comforting cup of tea, and there, she encountered her two children hard at work, their faces focused on their culinary endeavor.

"Good morning, my little sunshines," Jenn greeted them warmly, enfolding Sera and Cy in a tender embrace before proceeding to the kitchen to prepare her tea.

"Good morning, Mama," Sera and Cy chimed in harmony, their voices radiating affection and respect, as they continued with their breakfast preparations.

Jenn observed with a soft smile as Sera imparted her culinary wisdom to Cy, witnessing the bond between her children growing stronger. It was evident that Sera had inherited not only her mother's culinary talents but also her father's capacity for teaching. The familial connections warmed Jennifer's heart, underscoring the enduring strength of their family unit.

Ben's POV

I awoke in exceptionally high spirits, and a brilliant idea struck me: why not surprise Jenn with flowers and chocolates? With a newfound enthusiasm, I swiftly showered and groomed my beard with care, wanting everything to be just right. After dressing, I headed to Jenn's house on my motorcycle, the bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates safely stowed in the side compartment.

Upon arrival, I approached the door and knocked, despite possessing a key. I felt it was essential to respect her space and ask for permission to enter.Sera greeted me with a radiant smile as she opened the door. "Hi!"

"Good morning, love bug," I beamed, wrapping her in a warm hug. She returned the embrace, a sigh of relief escaping her.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"She's in the backyard," Sera replied with a smile, granting me access.

"Thanks, love bug," I expressed my gratitude, then made my way inside and toward the backyard. There, I found Jenn seated at the patio table, quietly sipping her tea.

"Good morning, beautiful," I greeted her, taking a seat beside her.

"Good morning," Jenn responded with a soft smile.

I presented the bouquet of flowers with a heartfelt sentiment. "These are for you. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman I admire," I declared, punctuating my words with a gentle kiss to her forehead before handing over the bouquet.

"Thank you. I was thinking about buying flowers for the house today, but these would be perfect," Jenn graciously accepted the gift and returned my affection with a sweet kiss. It was the kind of kiss that ignited our longing for each other, and we found ourselves unable to resist the magnetic pull. Our kisses deepened into an ardent exchange, and we lost ourselves in each other for several blissful minutes. As we eventually parted, I couldn't help but touch my swollen lips, and Jenn, with a playful giggle, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.This intimate moment served as a reminder of the passionate connection we shared, a connection that had endured despite the challenges we had faced.