Benvenuto in Italia

Ben's Perspective

July 18th

The day of our departure had finally arrived. Jennifer and I had meticulously prepared for this journey, ensuring that all our belongings were securely packed. The kids were ready, my mom and Jenn's mom had completed their packing as well, and it was time to hit the road. I diligently checked off each item on my list, making sure nothing was overlooked.

"Did you remember to pack the outlet adapters for the kids?" Jennifer asked as she observed me methodically checking off items on our list.

"Yes, my love. I've got everything covered," I reassured her, proudly displaying the checklist with every item meticulously ticked off.

"Well, I'm impressed," she said, a smile gracing her lips as she cradled Juni in her arms.

"Thank you," I replied, leaning in to kiss Jennifer. As we kissed, she playfully slipped her tongue in, and I chuckled softly before giving her a gentle smack on her behind.

"Behave, Affleck," Jennifer admonished with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Never," I winked at her, enjoying the playful banter.

The children came out and got into the car, but to our surprise, we realized that we had insufficient space for all of us. Glancing at Jennifer, she gave me a knowing look, and I had an idea.

"Alright, kiddos, Lupe, and Mom... Jennifer, Juni, Sera, and I will be taking the Mercedes. We'll meet you guys at the airport," I informed the others.

"That's fine, honey," Lupe said, her smile assuring us.

"Can I come with you guys?" Sera asked.

"Of course," I responded, smiling as she joined us and then walked to the Mercedes. We got into the car, and I started the engine, setting off for the airport. Jennifer sat in the back with Juni, while Sera occupied the front seat beside me.

Sera spoke up, breaking the silence. "I have a question."

"Yes, sweetheart?" I replied.

"Are you and Mom okay?" she asked. 

"Of course, we're doing great. Why do you ask?" I said, puzzled.

"Yeah, honey, what's on your mind?" Jennifer chimed in.

"Yesterday, I saw Mom crying on the balcony while I was outside with Violet," Sera explained.

Jennifer responded with a touch of sadness in her voice, "I was crying because Juni is growing up so fast, and it made me sad to think she won't be a little baby anymore in 10 months. She'll be a year old."

Sera tried to console her, saying, "Don't cry, Mama. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, baby. I get emotional about all my babies, especially you. You'll always be my little girl," Jennifer replied, wiping away her tears.

"That's sweet, Mama. I love you," Sera said, gazing at her mother with affection.

"I love you more, baby," Jennifer responded, her smile warm and genuine.Upon our arrival at the airport, the children, our moms, Jennifer, and I boarded the private jet, while the flight crew loaded our luggage. I helped Jennifer secure Juni's car seat, then settled in beside her.

As I looked at Jennifer with affection, she was engrossed in her iPad.

"So, which game should I play? Do you want to join me?" Jennifer asked, suddenly aware of my loving gaze. Blushing, she kissed me softly. I kissed her back, drawing her closer as I wrapped my arm around her, allowing her to rest her head on my chest.