Chapter Eight

A/N
Well, everyone, I'm feeling a little bit lonely as I write this story.
Barely a trace of votes? Not even one comment?
Come, on. You're better than that (😜).
Seriously, though. If someone could interact in the story a bit it would make my day!😄
Ask me questions. Throw out some theories, and, who knows, you just might see them through to reality (well, as real as you can get with a fictional story).
In the meantime, thanks to all those (few, though you may be) who are following along with the story. You guys are the best.😉💙
Thanks for being my friend.
  ~Jemma
P. S.
Sorry, y'all. I just had to.
🤎🤍💚
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I gotta say: when I accepted your offer to come here, I expected more of a welcoming party. Not a pack of ferrel wolves."

Pan laughed, stepping closer to me. His eyes shimmering in the firelight, a devilish smirk painting his features.
"Oh, but that's just the thing I forgot to tell you." He snapped his fingers then placed them on his chin, a fiend expression of thoughtfulness on his face as he cocked his head to the side.
"Before you can become one of us - a wolf, as you say - you have to prove yourself."
He straightened.
"B'jorn!"
All of a sudden, out of seemingly nowhere, a boy with blond hair jumped at me, tackling me to the ground.
I yelped in surprise, and struggled against his weight as he pinned me to the ground.
He snickered and pulled out a knife made from a dear antler. Grinning, he held it to my throat, putting just enough pressure to freak me out.
"Come on, girl," he spoke with a strange accent, but I wasn't worried about that right now. "If you wanna be here you've got to learn to fight for what you want."
I yelled out, breathing heavily. All I knew in that moment was the pressure on my body. Forget the knife. I couldn't move, and I hated it. Couldn't stand it.
I heard Pan beside me, taunting me.
"For a girl who likes to think for herself you seem to be pretty dumb."
I tried to glare at him, but I couldn't risk moving my head while this shank was holding a knife to my throat, now could I?
That's when it hit me.

"For a girl who likes to think for herself you seem pretty dumb."

Pan wasn't taunting me. He was helping me.
I closed my eyes and concentrated on the weight pinning me to the ground. I reminded myself that it couldn't hurt me. In fact, it could help me. Relaxing, I reached into my memory, trying to find the Jujitsu training I had raved about back home.
Opening my eyes, I concentrated on the position of the hazel eyes above be, and I smirked, almost laughing as I recalled the move I knew all to well.
Setting my feet - one on either side of his right leg - I twisted my right hand free to grasp the wrist that was holding the bone knife. Doing my best to maneuver the knife with my left hand, I managed to get the blade off of my throat. He must not have meant to truly hurt me, because he didn't apply anymore pressure. I then grasped his right bicep with my left hand. Thrusting my hips off the ground, I managed to throw him off balance, but he recovered and sat back down on top of me.
I tried again, faster and harder this time, and he lost his balance, falling forward, then to the side.
I rolled on top of him, disarmed him, and jumped up, being sure he didn't get the chance to roll on top of me again. If he didn't know how before, surely he did now.
Jumping up after me, he skilfully slid forward, grabbing my armed wrist.
Pausing for a split second to think, I then pivoted to his left noting that the boy had used his hand on that side to attempt to disarm me. I let him take the knife, only to twist my wrist from his grasp. I then grabbed his right arm, and used my right forearm to push against his neck, tripping him backwards over my right knee.
He stumbled to the ground, and I jumped away, being sure I was out of his reach.
Pan raised his hand and shouted "That's enough!" and all the Lost Boys shouted, cheering and jumping around.
The boy I had been fighting picked himself up off the ground and extended his hand for me to shake it. I didn't accept, cautious of the fact that in doing so he could pull me back onto the ground.
I nodded instead, a small smile lighting up my eyes. He smiled back at me, and returned the nod.
I turned when I heard Pan's voice, filled with cocky arrogance.
"Well, Aya, you passed the first test. Well done. But the fun is only beginning."
He stared me down, an evil glint in his eyes, a smirk again pulling the look together perfectly.
How could I have ever seen any kind of softness in this sharp, rigid, arrogant boy.

What did I agree to by coming here?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Another chapter finished!
Well, that was fun.
I hope you guys are enjoying this tale.
There is more to come!
~Jemma🖤🤍