tickled pink

"why are your hands pink, hyung?"

"shit," namjoon swore as the bottle of temporary pink hair dye fell out of his grip and into the sink, painting the porcelain a bright fuchsia. he stared in disbelief for a moment, his lips parting and closing for a few good seconds before he sighed exasperatedly and ran his hands through his hair out of frustration, momentarily forgetting the freshness of his newly painted locks of hair. he suddenly froze and raised his head, giving his reflection a good stare, as if to say : 'really, namjoon?'; his hands were still firmly planted in his soft curls.

a few more choice words tumbled from his pouty lips as he carefully slid his hands out of his hair and thrusted them towards the sink; a fruitless attempt to not get any on his clothes. again, the reason he didn't change out of his expensive attire before doing this, he didn't know.

he grumbled to himself and grabbed the tube of pink from out of the sink before tossing it onto the counter and switching the hot water on. a few pumps of watermelon-scented hand soap later and he was swishing his lathered hands beneath the stream, watching, fascinated, as the diluted pink swirled down the drain.

but then, even when he'd rinsed all of the suds from his skin and turned the water off, he flipped his hands over and realized, much to his horror, that the color had stained his palms; he also realized that he still had to rinse the semi-permanent dye residue from his hair, meaning that the washing of his hands was in vain.

how fantastic. it took him a good thirty more minutes, it did, but he managed to rinse his hair out, dry it, and clean his mess off of the bathroom counter. unfortunately though, his hands seemed to be stained a bright fuchsia. he sighed; at least his hair looked good.

silently slipping out of the bathroom and closing the door shut behind him, he really didn't expect to run into the maknae, who was standing just inches away from him. jungkook grinned and greeted his hyung with a nod of his head as he stepped around him in order to get to the restroom.

he paused halfway though and pursed his lips, his brows raising high on his forehead as he stared intently at something that was beneath namjoon's line of sight; he looked as though he was going to burst into laughter at any minute, while also looking highly perplexed.

"...why are your hands pink, hyung?"

the elder of the two went pink in the face, his cheeks nearly matching the same shade of his palms.

"i forgot to put on gloves, okay?" he defended before turning away and jogging off in sheer embarrassment, leaving jungkook doubled over in a fit of giggles.