Chapter 4

L POV

We've been watching Mr. Yagami's house for hours now and none of his family has done anything out of the ordinary, at least from what we could see. But out of all Mr. Yagami's family members Light seemed the most likely to be Kira.

It's a 5% chance that Light could be Kira.

The doorbell of the Yagami's House rang and Light's sister ran toward the front door.

"Was your family expecting someone?" I asked.

"I don't think so. We don't usually get visitors." Mr. Yagami informed.

Once Light's sister opened the door, her eyes widened, "Yes?"

"Hello, me and Light were supposed to work on a project together. I'm his lab partner." The person in front of the door informed Light's sister.

"Oh yeah, Light said something about you coming over. Please come in."

My eyes widened as two girls walked into the house. I wasn't expecting this.

"Mr. Yagami, isn't that our third suspect?"

"Yes, that's Mr. Jakson's two daughters."

"Were you aware that Light knew your colleague's daughters?"

"No, I wasn't."

I pushed my thumb against my lips resisting the urge to bite it. I've never considered that Kira could possibly be more than one person and not just one. But they would have to have the exact viewpoints on life and criminals. The possibility that Light and Mr. Jackson's daughters are working together is 3%. If they happen to be working together it could make things difficult.

I ran over Mr. Jackson and his family case file in my head. The only thing that caught my eye with his family is that they are all African Americans. Which means that they have experienced more negative responses from other people than Japanese races. The probability that one of Mr. Jackson's family members was Kira is also 5%.

Light POV

I forgot that Aniyah was supposed to come over to finish our project. But everything should turn out fine considering this will make me look like a regular high school student.

I walked down the stairs and I froze at the end of the staircase as I saw Aniyah speaking with my sister and Zaila taking off her shoes at the front door. Zaila wore a t-shirt and jeans instead of her uniform and her hair was put into a low bun like usual.

I put on a smile and I walked toward Aniyah and her sister. "Hello Aniyah, I'm glad that you were able to make it here save."

"Hello Light, I hope you don't mind but I brought my sister too. Since we would also need to create a poster and everything, I figured I should bring my sister to help us out, since she is very artistic." Aniyah explained.

I crossed my arms and smirked at her, "But isn't that kinda cheating?"

Aniyah's light brown eyes widened, "What no, I just thought of it like using our resources. Plus, it's not like the teacher will even know."

Zaila raised an eyebrow at her younger sister and I chuckled, "Don't worry, I don't mind. I was only joking."

I gestured toward the stairs, "We can work in my room since my sister's going to be watching tv in the living room."

"Ah, Okay." Aniyah said.

I walked up the stairs to my front door. I opened my door and let Aniyah and Zaila into my room.