Cookies

Why do we love words so much? Is it because they can stir up so much emotion in us? Give us butterflies or make us blush? Make our hearts flutter or even skip a beat? Especially when it's something we want to hear from someone we want to hear it from. The showering of compliments, love, and affection. The sweet adoration and doting that makes you so weak for them. It's like taking a bite into your favorite sweets. So satisfying, because you love the familiar taste. So rewarding, because you know every time to expect that pleasant sweet flavor. That's the best. The best thing since sliced bread. That is until the next time you bite into it, it doesn't taste the same... you think, 'What the hell?' They changed the recipe. It used to be a tablespoon of sweet promising words with a full cup of action to prove its authenticity. But now it tastes like empty calories. This isn't even sugar, it's fucking salt... this shit isn't palatable anymore, it's disgusting. You look over to the faithful cookie jar glimmering with a bit of hope for the satisfaction of your sweet tooth. You excitedly stick your hand to the bottom only to be met with nothing. Complete emptiness. After it was once filled with delicious cookies of all sorts: chocolate chip, honesty, macadamia nut, integrity, snickerdoodle, and reliability. When you realize, the cookie jar is smashed into pieces on the floor. You have no more hope or expectations. Now all there's left to do is try new sweets or go on a diet altogether.