The imperial return

Athena and Heinley were having their afternoon tea while Heinley went on about writing to Navier, who just happens to be Athena's sister in law. The door is burst open to show a man who drops to his knees .
" Your subjects beg of you to come back to the eastern empire you highness" Says the man
From the corner of her eye Athena spots Heinley trying to hold his laughter.
"Stand up lord reyes," Athena says before adding "what has my brother done now?"
"My lady, his majesty has taken a mistress, he's going to destroy the empire-" He cries out.
Athena sighs before saying that she will return to the empire as soon as possible.

She turns towards Heinrey telling him that she'll try to see him soon and that she hopes to see him at the new years ball.

~Time Skip~[at the princess's palace]
As she got out of the carriage she was greeted by the palace staff bowing. Her ladies in waiting were waiting in front of the crowd along with the head Butler and head chef.
"Ladies bring me up to date to the latest gossip, rumors and all the things which happened while I was gone" She said as soon as she was alone with her ladies in waiting.
"Yes my lady" they said.
So what she was told was that
"I heard his highness the emperor went for a hunting trip and found a young girl stuck in one of his traps" lady Eliza said
" Sovieshu caught… a human? But he doesn't hunt humans but animals, no?" Athena said after processing what her lady in waiting said.
After hearing the whole tale this is what she gathered .
While the emperor was on a hunting trip his traps caught a human, a young girl, who seemed to be running away. Athena thought about it and it seemed like the girl was coming from Viscount Lotteshu's mansion. Well that was the only possibility. Sovieshu bought her in the main palace for he felt that it was his responsibility that she got hurt. Rumors are that she is a former, now runaway slave. He then called the empress's personal ladies in waiting to bathe that girl. And then seemed concerned about why she was so pale, thin, hurt etcetera. Sovieshu was now taking that girl as a concubine. The empress has met her.
Athena was angry, scratch that she was furious.
"Seemed like I will have to visit my dearest brother and sister in law" she said with a smile which promised wrath.
" I will be visiting the imperial palace tomorrow, have the carriage ready by tomorrow, is that understood?" She asked the butler who had been called a while ago.
"Yes my lady"
"My lady please rest, you look exhausted" said lady Reyna, the other lady in waiting said.
Athena sighs before nodding and smiling at her ladies in waiting.
"Oh and where is lady Atlanta?" Athena asks.
"Oh she had been called back to her house for a while" replies lady Reyna
"I see.."
_____________________________________

Oh well first chapter
How was it?
Ik the chapters are short and stuff but I'm sorry.

Take care and stay hydrated

Y'all r beautiful remember

Bye 👋