5

"Using your powers should come as simply as breathing. You do not think about it; you just do it." Hecate explained. "Each of you are a direct descendant of one of Olympus' most important gods. Just because you are not from the big three, does not mean you are weak" She said as she glanced towards Rose, Josh, and Keith. 

"You have the power of your parents within you. It is built into your genetic codes. Think of yourselves not as humans, but as demigods. You have been holding on to your human blood for too long, and it is holding you back from your true potential." She continued.

The group stood in a half circle as Hecate took her place in front of them. "I, Hecate, am the goddess of magic. Alexander, the son of Zeus, has drained my powers to the point that I am useless." She began with a straight face. "However, I do still have the means to show you how to use your powers at a basic level."

She raised her arms above her head elegantly before dropping them down quickly. As she dropped her arms, beautiful golden glitter released from her fingertips as she drew a circle into the sky. Once she completed the circle, a face that none of the demigods recognized appeared inside the circle. 

The man in the circle was handsome and intimidating beyond belief. He appeared in the circle almost like a hologram. "This is Ares, god of war, and the father of Josh." Hecate introduced him. 

"Hello everyone. I am here to offer my assistance to Hecate in your training through her communication circle. As the war god, my advice will be absolute and needed, so make sure you are paying attention." Ares stated calmly. 

"Oh so that's how you're gonna introduce yourself to your son old man?" Josh said with a sarcastic laugh. 

"Joshua, now is not the time for dramatics-" Ares began. 

"No you're right dad" Josh said putting his hands up in surrender. "Now is just the time for your son to clean up the mess you and your friends made right? But who gives a fuck about your son when he and the woman you abandoned were struggling to make ends meet! And who cares that your son graduated highschool with a 4.0 gpa, valedictorian, and a full ride scholarship? All that is important is that I somehow save the world on this fuck ass short notice!" 

After Josh's outburst, the group was fairly quiet. While all of the other demigods agreed with what Josh was saying, the presence of Ares was intimidating, and they found themselves too afraid to back their acquaintance up. 

Hecate stood stoic without emotion on her face as Ares looked uncomfortable. "Look Joshua, it is nothing personal. Gods just do not have the time to be present in human children's lives. We have responsibilities to the entire world. You do not have to do this for me. Do it to save your mother. If the titans are released-" Ares began.

"Hecate already gave us the whole spew" Josh said visibly upset. "I am going to do this to save the humans, but I just want to make one thing clear. I am not a mindless soldier that is just going to do your bidding. I don't care if you're a god. In my eyes, you're just a deadbeat."

Ares sighed and rubbed his temples as if Josh was nothing more than a mere headache. Jasmine found herself putting her hand on Josh's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. Josh looked down at the raven haired girl and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He really needed that small show of support.

"That goes for all of us." Jasmine finally spoke up making direct eye contact with the war god. Ares raised his eyebrow in interest at her outburst. "As far as I see, not only are we your only hope to save Olympus, but we are also much stronger than you since your powers have been drained. You need us, and you will respect us as such."

Hecate scoffed at her speech while Ares grinned. "I quite like this daughter of the sea" He says. "You are much more interesting than your father. 

"Do not encourage this despicable behavior." Hecate said rolling her eyes. "It is the human in her lashing out."