08.

Sienna

Waking up the next morning, I was not in the greatest mood because nothing, absolutely nothing was going my way.

I came to Australia because I needed a breather from the lies and conflicting emotions. I also wanted to rekindle the bond with my family and forget the affections I had for a man named Tristan. The former worked perfectly. I got to spend time with my family and make new memories with them, but the latter, nada, no, zilch.

Last night I couldn't even sleep. How could I when this man kept bombarding my phone with messages like some crazy psycho?

Tristan: Day 34 and I'm still not over you.

Tristan: no words can explain the way I miss you.

Tristan: I can't stop thinking about how much I want to hold you.

Tristan: stop running away from me.

Tristan: I just saw a rooster fly over a fence.

Tristan: let's go home.

Tristan: I need you.

Tristan: why is it so hard to let you go?

Tristan: you have a place in my heart no one can fill.

Tristan: you make me happy in a way no one else can.

Tristan: my heart hurts.

Tristan:  my balls still ache.

Tristan: I can't sleep.

Tristan: my nights are not the same without you.

Tristan: it's one o'clock and my dick is hard.

Tristan: Maybe I'm insane. I don't know. Do you think I'm insane?

Tristan: for me, there's only you, Sienna, and I'll wait as long as you want me to.

I stared daggers at my phone, ignoring the soaring heart. Didn't he ever sleep? No wonder he had dark circles the size of a ball.

God, this was so infuriating.

And now, just as I managed to push myself out of bed and head down the stairs for a cup of coffee to cure my fatigue, I met my mother gushing over the mountain of gift boxes sitting on my coffee table alongside new flower bouquets. At this point, I could start my own florist shop. This was insane!

On the bright side, Axton was back home and he was standing beside my mother with a frown of confusion plastered on his face. His eyes caught mine and I smiled. "Big brother, you're back." I hurried down the final steps to hug him, ignoring my mother who opened up the boxes, squealing with excitement at each one. "When did you get back?"

"Last night." He pulled away and kissed my temple tenderly. "I had to come in early to take mum to her doctor's appointment." He tucked a tendril of my hair back behind my ear. "What happened? What did I miss?"

I opened my mouth to explain but my mother forestalled me. "Can you believe it, Sienna has an American suitor! And guess what? He's rich!" The way she squealed at the end made me roll my eyes northward. Have some dignity mother.

Axton's scratched his stumble. "I don't understand."

"What's there not to understand? She has a man interested in her and he joined us for Thanksgiving yesterday. It was a pleasant evening."