16.

Tristan

Something had to have happened in that tent. It didn't make any sense. No matter how hard I tried to think about it, I just couldn't understand why my once vibrant and bubbly wife turned quiet and withdrawn.

When we arrived back at the hotel, she made no effort to talk to me. We shared a brief kiss but it was as good as empty and right after that she walked into the bathroom, leaving me without as much as an invite or something other than the disturbing silence.

Now I was currently sipping my third glass of wine on the terrace whilst trying to think of where I might have gone wrong. I wanted to be with her so bad. There was this nagging ache in my chest whenever we were far apart like this. But I wasn't going to pry or push her to talk to me, I read somewhere that women liked their space in times like this.

I stared down at the liquid content sloshing about in my glass. She did say her period was on the way and though I didn't believe her at first I was starting to think she might have been telling the truth. PMS wasn't it?

I reached for my phone and typed into my Google search bar.

What to do when your girlfriend has PMS.

A million answers popped on my screen. I scrolled, reading random answers.

"When your girlfriend is premenstrual, she might be feeling a lot more emotional or agitated than normal. Help relax her by running her a nice hot bath, massage her shoulders, or even meditating with her. Doing so will help put her at ease."

I scrolled up some more.

"Feed her as much as you can. Donuts, coffee, ice cream, pizza, samosas--whatever she's in the mood for."

Another scroll.

"Do not spring into action until she tells me she is PMSing."

A few more scrolls and I dropped my phone. I couldn't do this. I ran a hand through my hair and exhaled deeply. I couldn't just continue to stand here knowing something was wrong.  It just didn't feel right doing so.

I tilted my glass, drained it, and set it aside. I was just going to go in and test the waters, if she said she still didn't want me then I'd leave and give her space even if it'd hurt me.

Determined, I walked back into the suite. The lights were dimmed and it was empty save for the black sheer nightgown lying on the bed. The shower still ran. Was it better if I waited out here? I contemplated the odds for several seconds. For all I knew she was hiding from me in there, and I could use a shower myself. I pulled my shirt free from my pants and dragged it over my head as I walked to the bathroom and entered. It wasn't locked from the inside. It was a good sign.

It scented like roses in here and the glasses were all fogged from the running steamy water. As I stepped forward, I could see the silhouette of her hourglass figure through the shower's clouded glass. Sienna naked was one thing, but Sienna naked and wet...I could feel my cock starting to grow in my pants as the compelling need to place her against that glass and fuck her brutally overwhelmed me. But fuck, this wasn't about my carnal cravings, this was about finding out why my girl had been somber all day.

I took the last bits of my clothing off and opened the shower door, she stopped and turned and released a light gasp, her hazel eyes widening. She'd been so lost in thoughts she didn't know when I stepped into the bathroom.

"What are you doing here?" She finally spoke, shifting back.

I closed the door behind me and stood underneath the shower, letting it beat down my skin. I suppose I could pretend that everything was all right and just fuck her straight away, the thought did occur, but no. "We need to talk."