Chapter 6

Peter's POV

"I'm sure you'll all really like him!" Lucy gushes "we'll have tea and toast and-" she stops midsentece and runs off, her footsteps printing in the snow.

"Lucy!" Nova calls, quickly following her, but she trips over the long fur coat she's wearing and falls face first into the snow.

"Nova!" I call running over to her and helping her up.

"Are you okay?" I asked putting my  hand on her arm.

"Do you care?" she spat shaking my hand off and running off to catch up to lucy.

Yup, she's still mad at me.

I sigh, trying to catch up to lucy and Nova and when I finally do, I can't believe what I'm seeing

The door is off its hinges, and is lying hopelessly on the glistening white snow, pictures were smashed on the ground and furniture was turned on its side.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asks horrified.

"What's this?" susan asks taking a piece of paper off the door and giving it to me.

I took a deep breath, and began to read, " Fawn Tumness, has been here by charged with high treason against her imperial majesty Jadis, high queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fratrenising with humans. signed maugrim  captain of the secret police. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN"

"Now we should really go" susan says with a paniced look

"But we have to help him!" cries Lucy

"It's out of our hands now Lu." I try to reason with her as tears treaten to pour down her face.

" You don't get it do you? We're the humans! He helped me and Nova!" Lucy shouts.

"Maybe we should call the police" I suggest looking over at Nova.

"These are the police!" Nova says rolling her eyes at me.

"Besides, he's a criminal!" Edmund buts in.

"Don't worry Lu, we'll think of something" Nova says reassuringly putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Psst!"

"Did that bird just 'psst' at us?" susan asks her eyebrows raised in disbelief

As we step outside, we hear rustles from the bushes.

I quickly step on front of Nova to protect her, and Instead of rolling her eyes at me, which I thought she would, she grabbed on to my arm and looked at me with frightened eyes. She must really be scared.

I look over to the others and see that susan had done the same thing I've done, to lucy and edmund.

After about ten seconds a furry creature jumps out causing Lucy and Nova to scream.

"It's a beaver." Nova whispers.

I approache the beaver, clicking my tongue as i walk.

"Here, boy, come here" I say reaching out my hand to it.

It studys my hand for awhile,

"Well, I ain't gonna smell it if that's what you want!" it says

"It's a talking beaver?" Edmund says looking over at me.

"Yes I'm a talking beaver, and it's mister beaver to you" Mr beaver snaps at Edmund.

"Sorry" Ed apologises

"Lucy Pevensie and Nova Kirke?" he asks steeping towards them.

"Yes?" Lucy says and the two of them step forward