chapter twenty-two: hospital visit

Jerome's pov

We arrived at the hospital a little after we left Maddie's house of horror. We all got out of the car with me carrying Mitch. When we got close to the doors, we spotted two nurses standing there and thay must have noticed us too. Their eyes widened and one of them ran in to get a stretcher. The other one ran to us and said "OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT HAPPENED!" in a shocked tone. "He was kidnapped by someone who did this to him, but we got him outta there as fast as we could." I said as calmly as I could. The other nurse along with a few other nurses came out with the stretcher and had me lay Mitch on it. They rolled him into the hospital and went straight into the operating room. My eyes widened and the guys pulled me over to the waiting room. I sat down and I could feel the tears start to trickle down my face. I put my head in my hands and mumbled "It's all my fault..." Seto sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me. I hugged him in return and we just sat there waiting for Mitch.

Adam's pov (DIDN'T EXPECT THAT NOW DID YA!)

I went outside to get some air. All of this is just so crazy! I looked at the ground thinking of what I should do. It took me a few minutes but I took out my phone and texted as many of Mitch's friends that I knew of.

*In the texting group*

A=Adam Q= Quientin I=Ian As= Ashley P= Preston M=Matt L= Lachlan R= Rob V= Vikk

A: Hey umm guys...

V: Hey whats up Adam!

As: Heyyy!

R: Y u text me at one in the morning!?

M: HI!

P: Yo whats up!

L: hey!

I: derp!

Q: Hey Adam!

A: Hey guys, do you think you could come to the hospital...

P: WHAT!? WHY!!!

V: YEAH WHAT HE SAID!!

A: Well about a day ago Mitch got kidnapped and we just got him back but he was all bloody and in really bad shape so right now he's in the operating room and we don't know if he will be ok...

All of them: Be right there!

I paced outside waiting for them to arrive and one by one they all came. When they were all there, we all rushed inside and saw Jerome crying.

Mitch's pov (HOLY SH*T SUCH POV CHANGE MUCH CONFUSING!!)

I was sitting down in a dark place not able to get up. Almost like I was tied up. I struggled to get up but eventually gave up. I heard footsteps all around me and immediately tensed up "Don't worry Mitch... This will only be better for you. You'll never see that stupid animal again... You'll be stuck here, forever." The mystery person said. A bright light came on and I was shocked to see who it was. It was My parents. The one's who had died in a fire and the ones who always abused me as a child. I could feel the hot tears start to trail down my face but I didn't care. I was finally able to get up but even if I tried, I would just get pushed down by them. It felt like I was there for days. But all of a sudden, I heard a very familiar voice that My eyes widen. I heard Jerome's voice saying "Please be ok... What would I do without you..." My vision got hazy and eventually it went black. What was happening!!

Jerome's pov

It had been at least three hours and we still weren't able to see him in his room. "Jerome Aceti" A nurse called out. I stood up immediately followed by the guys. I walked over too her and said, "Is Mitch ok?" in a soft tone. " He went through the procedure good but there were a few times that he almost left us, but you can go see him if you want." She said in a soothing voice. I nodded and looked at all the people to see Mitch. I gestured my hand telling them to come with me to go see Mitch and they all rushed over. " Right now he is sleeping but he should wake up in a couple of hours or so." she said in a cheery tone. She showed us the way to Mitch's room and opened the door slowly to reveal Mitch hooked up to a bunch of machines. We all walked in slowly, not wanting to take any risks at hurting him more than he already was. I went to the side of his bed and grabbed his hand. "Please be ok... What would I do without you." i said in a soft tone. Seto walked up next to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I looked him in the eyes and he said "He's gonna be fine Jerome, I cane sense it." I smiled and nodded but then looked back at Mitch. His face was pale but still had more color in it than when I first got him back.

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY TY'S FOOT!!

It had been a couple of hours and Almost everyone was sleeping in the waiting room or in Mitch's room. I was still awake, just hoping that he would wake up soon. Ty and Vikk were the only other people awake and they were in the waiting room getting snacks from the vending machine, so it was just me and Mitch. I was sitting in the chair that sat next to his bed with my hand still intertwined in his. I could feel my eyelids get heavy and start to close but I refused to sleep. I looked at my instagram and saw that Lachlan had taken a picture of Mitch telling everybody that he got hurt and needed everybody's support. I scrolled down to read the comments and all I saw were positive things that made me smile. I heard something move but thought it was one of the guys, so I ignored it. A few seconds after that, I felt my hand being squeezed and snapped my head over to Mitch's now open eyes. " MITCH YOUR AWAKE!!!" I screamed and leaned over to hug him. MY scream was loud enough to wake up all of the guys in the room. At first they didn't know what was going on, but when they saw Mitch, They freaked out. Lachlan ran out of the room to go get the others out of the waiting room and came back soon after with all of them following. " Jesus! how many people came too see me!" Mitch whisper yelled. Mitch tried to sit up more but just ended up yelping in pain and staying put. Mitch yawned and looked at the clock. I followed his gaze and saw that it was 4:00 in the morning! "Hey if you guys want you can go home, but i'm staying here with Mitch." I said in a soft tone. All the guys nodded and walked out the door, saying goodbye's and a bunch of stuff like that. When they were all gone I sat in the chair and got comfortable. "What are you doing you silly bacca?" Mitch asked. "Getting comfortable so I can sleep." I stated. Mitch scooted over in his bed and patted the spot next to him. I got up and got into the bed with him. He snuggled up to my chest and wrapped his arms around me. I put my head on top of his and wrapped my arms around his waist, bringing him closer to me. I kissed the top of his head and felt his breathing slow, signaling that he was asleep. I Eventually fell asleep in my benja's arms.