Sixteenth. Saying I Love You

" Malachi. Can you relax, please. I can hear your heart beat, going at different speeds every second."

My fingers twist the loosen thread, which is attach to the cotton shirt i had on. I never knew I could feel this abounding amount of nerves, meeting the parents and family I had heard imbecilic rumours about. You would think I had zero cares of how they would perceive me. I like to not judge those off idle talk.

Only, it was the opposite, having to check my pulse to see if I am still alive every minute. Edward was right, I had to calm my racing heart. I wouldn't put it past the Cullens if they heard it from miles away. they probably could, now.

" I cannot help it, Edward. I want to make this impression good, on your family. which reminds me, I brought a gift for your mom, and Carlisle. as a gesture for their hospitality."

The gifts were simplistic, a gilded lily floral necklace for Esme. Edward told of her love for gardening, everything flowers and fauna. having a flower bed of roses, sunflowers, and daisies. For Carlisle, aged textbook of different variations of poetry that I purchased and in antique condition.

Edward turns the car steering wheel, beginning on a secluded serpentine pavement of gravel, I become aware of the looming trees that move in a rushed motion as the car drives.

" you know, Kai, that those gift purchases were not a necessity. they wouldn't think of you as less if you came hand empty, and just yourself." He spoke, shifting the gear to park, bringing the car into a stop.

" I wanted to gift these to your parents, Cullen. and, besides the point, this." I wiggle the necklace case, the clanking sound of metal heard, unclasping my seatbelt.

" immediately reminded me, to your words, about how your mom likes flowers. It was going to be purchased. None the less, if I didn't choose this specific one."

Edward got out, using his speed in coming to my side, opening the passenger side. " I have to say this house, is stunning."

Open rectangular floor to ceiling windows, with reflective plastic to keep the sun from penetrating the inside. the exterior walls were an aloe-wood coloured brown, and I counted three levels and a fourth that could only be the attic.

" it definitely exceeds my fathers penthouse. you would never hear me say this exact remark to my dad in person, he is far too defensive when it comes to his place." that earns a chuckle from Edward, finding how I spoke about my own father amusing. " finds strange joy, in living and staying in a place where his bed room is ten feet away from the elevator. yes, he has an actual elevator, where literally anyone can stagger in drunk."

Edward pulls down on the latch to the front entrance of the house, allowing me to enter first. He had spoken a word only, only being attentive in hearing what I was talking about.

" have you voiced your concerns, to your father. it sounds to me that could potentially be dangerous, and a safety issues." he states, removing the greatcoat from my arms.

the temperature in the house was surprisingly levelled, Not so cold. Perfect.

" these were his exact words of notion, I wish I kid when I said this. Son, no Mortal would have the stupidity to trespass. unless they wish to be met with an impending, and promised, demise of becoming a soul trapped in hell. You don't have to be worrisome about my safety." I imitate my fathers British accent, shoving a hand in my dress pants.

a grin crosses my mouth, watching Edward laugh.

I take in the infrastructure of the house, noting there was portrait paintings of eighteenth century men dressed in periodic accurate clothing. art work, that could belong in a museum, hanging on display. modern, Open and exposed. " I have to give my respect to who design this house, it's impeccable. So light in colour!" I exclaim, admirably.