Chapter 4

"Roxy?"

The clatter of Roxy's footsteps had long since disappeared, leaving Chica clueless as to where she stomped off to.

This wasn't unusual for her, but still, Chica never failed to search for her every time she walked away.

"Roxy!" Chica yelled, her hands cupped around her beak. Her voice echoed down the walkway of the Pizzaplex, no sign of the wolf in sight.

Chica let out an exhausted sigh, hopelessly wandering the expansive halls of the Pizzaplex to no avail. She eventually made her way to Rockstar Row, slowly looking through the items on display.

A cupcake that allegedly belonged to an older version of herself, souvenirs from a different location, a photo-

Then Chica froze where she stood, taking in the sight before her. An old framed photo staring up at her from behind its glass containment, featuring two figures, herself and Bonnie.

Bonnie- her best friend, her confidant, the one she was meant to fall in love with.

His bright blue face displayed a gentle smile and kind eyes that she missed more than anything. She missed him more than anything.

Staring at the photo, Chica was reminded of the drawings that children would create of Chica and Bonnie together. Drawings that used to scatter her dressing room, pictures of her and Bonnie holding hands surrounded by scribbled hearts framing her mirror.

A mechanical whimper sounded from her voice box as she lifted one of her hands, pressing her palm against the photo.

"Bonnie..." she sniffled, carefully taking the picture from its case, gentle as to not leave a scratch on the artifact. As she ran her metal chicken flipper carefully over Bonnie's face, she couldn't hold in the emotions anymore. All she could see in that picture frame was a remnant of what used to be hers, and it hurt. It hurt more than anything.

Broken cries echoed through the room as she dropped to her knees, keeping the photo in her hand and holding it with the love and care she'd give to a newborn chick.

"I miss you... I miss you so much." Her cries melted into pained yells, the idea of hiding her agony becoming foreign to her.

She was too caught up in her own sorrow, swallowed by her cries, to notice the other presence in the room.

"...Chica?"

A hesitant voice in the darkness- low, growly, and undoubtedly.. Monty.

Chica shrieked in surprise, standing and turning abruptly, dropping the photo in her shocked state.

CRASH.

Then everything was quiet.

Chica looked down at the broken frame at her feet, the shards of glass surrounding her, and suddenly felt each rickety breath get shorter.. sharper... more suffocating.

Slowly, her head tilted up with a creak, eyes finding the figure of Monty, who had a softness in his eyes she hardly recognized. It wasn't something she could pay attention to now. Seeing every bit of broken glass on the floor toppled her emotions over the top.

"Are you alright, Chica?"

"Alright?" she snapped. "Am I alright?"

Monty nodded hesitantly, taking a small step towards her.

A dry, humorless laugh escaped Chica's voice box before falling flat. She rose slowly to her feet, staring down the Gator standing across from her.

"Alright is what you are when your best friend is still in working order. Alright is what I was when Bonnie was here. But you ruined that, you have to ruin everything don't you!"

Chica's usually dreamy tone and spacey personality was gone, replaced with pure, unrestrained rage. Her mind betrayed her and despite her better judgment she had taken the leap off a cliff she couldn't climb back to now. Monty was in her line of fire. Monty was her enemy.

"Chica I-" his gruff mechanical voice faltered, popping. "You have it all-"

"Don't tell me what you think! I think you killed Bonnie!"

Monty took a step back. "I didn't kill Bonnie."

"Yes! You did!" Chica was pushing the limits of her voice box now, the sound coming out so high pitched it almost became a whistle. Static filled the air around them as it escaped her inner electronics. "Murderer!"

Monty shook his head, his right hand twitching.

"Murderer, murderer, murderer!"

"Bonnie was decommissioned," the gator managed through gritted teeth.

Chica laughed, a horrifying and morbid laugh. "You and I both know he wasn't decommissioned."

Monty growled. "Perhaps. But he wasn't-"

"Murdered? Murderer, murderer, murderer, mur-"

Monty had had enough of this, of the accusations and the slander. He had loved Bonnie. He would have died for Bonnie. And Chica had the nerve to say he was a murderer.

With a loud yell Monty's claws crashed through the glass of the exhibit nearest to him. Chica stood frozen, paled as an animatronic could be, across from him.

"First you murdered Bonnie and now you're going to murder me," she said breathlessly. "Monty's going to murder me!" she screamed.

Monty shook his head frantically. "No, no!" he cried, but Chica wasn't listening. "Chica I don't want to hurt you! I just lost my temper I'm sorry I-"

"Help!" Chica shrieked. "Roxy, Freddy, anyone! Help me! Monty's trying to k-"

Monty shoved a clawed hand over the chicken's beak, and she froze, all her screaming and squirming stopping at once.

But he was too late.

"Monty..." A voice rang out from behind him.

Slowly, he turned to face Freddy, who was standing with a look of terror on his face. As if he'd pieced something together, as if he was witnessing some heinous crime. At the same moment, Roxanne ran up behind the bear.

"What is this? What are you doing?"

Chica pulled away suddenly, running to Freddy's side. "He- he tried to kill me! Just like how he killed Bonnie."

Freddy gave her a sympathetic look and turned away. But Roxy. Roxy just shook her head sadly as she turned and walked away, leaving Chica to cry to Freddy and Freddy alone.

It took her a moment, but Chica suddenly started to realize why.

Then Freddy offered they go and get pizza to cheer her up and the thought faded from her mind. Nothing could compete with pizza.

But Roxy, she almost could, and that had to mean something.