Chapter 5

The halls were dark except for the subtle glow of Roxy's eyes, flickering brilliant bright green in the night.

"Chica.. it's not right...." She growled to herself, a gravelly mutter as she stomped wearily down the hallway.

Her voice held its usual dark tone, but in her eyes was a gentle sadness, like she was finally accepting the emotion she'd always worked so hard to fend off.

She continued to mumble to herself until she was stopped in her tracks by the shine of a flashlight.

"Hello?" Roxy straightened up at the familiar tone, a solemn anger in her expression.

She went still, but still her mechanics shifted and creaked, as if she was taking deep, uncontrolled breaths.

"Whoever you are," she growled, unsheathing her claws and slashing them across the metal wall, "this isn't FUNNY!" She was too caught up in her emotions to think. What emotions? She wasn't quite sure. It was an incomprehensible mixture of feeling, swirling around and making her feel hopeless.

"..Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any alarm," came a small voice from down the hall. A man's voice. Roxy sniffed. Could it be..? "Could you go back to your room though, Roxanne?"

Charles.

A deep, mechanical rumble emerged from her throat.

"NOBODY is in their GODDAMN rooms, Charles! Why am I the one who has to go? Go find Chica, or Freddy, or Monty, they're ALL just wandering around but you haven't said anything to THEM!"

Charles didn't budge. He looked incredibly bored, like he was watching a family of ducks swim by in a lake. Roxy wished she could see a certain duck. She wouldn't be bored.

"Yeah, uh. That's not really my concern. Your constant mumbling to yourself is a consistent disruption to everybody in this building that's trying to have an enjoyable night-"

"JESUS CHRIST CHARLES!" Roxy stepped forward without hesitation, striking towards him- but Charles stepped back and pulled out what looked like a small remote. "What is that?" Roxy heaved, still full of fury but now taken aback, eyes on the device.

"I can turn you off with a click of a button. You don't want that, do you?"

"That's not true. I've never seen anything like that before," said Roxy.

"Do you want to stay powered on or not, Roxy?"

Roxy sighed, but it came out as more of a growl. She began to turn around. "If you're messing with me, you're never getting out of here alive, Charles."

Charles shrugged. "Go to your dressing room."

As Roxy started walking back to her room, she felt the light beaming on her turn around and heard meek footsteps trail back around the corner. But she couldn't shake the feeling of suspicion.. Doubt. She turned back around.

Her pounding footsteps were too fast for Charles to run from. Roxy tackled him in a big swoop then snatched the small, metal device from his hands. Then, as quick as he tried to retaliate, she curled her metal claws into a fist and punched him in the face, watching him black out.

"And STOP spying on me and Chica!" Roxy turned and ran down the hall, holding the mysterious remote tight in her hands.

-----

a/n from Eden: what could this remote mean? what is Roxy thinking? tune in for the next chapter to find out, which is coming out way sooner than usual! me and Ayla have more free time now so we're looking to start a regular upload schedule. get excited!;)